Author Topic: The Official Coachella Line-Up  (Read 44247 times)

bearman🐻

Re: The Official Coachella Line-Up
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2004, 04:37:00 pm »
You can bring in sealed water? Really? Where does it say that?

Jaguär

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2004, 08:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  Hmm... but let's think about this some more.

100+ degrees.
 No outside food or drink.
 No in & out.
 ~12 hours long.

Damn we're going to get screwed.  It didn't say you can't bring in water-- I'm sure as hell going to try-- but this is so annoying!  It's not like we haven't already paid for the show...
That's the Coachella Dieter's Plan.   ;)  
 The rock 'n rollers' spa in the desert of choice.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2004, 09:51:00 pm »
For me, Sunday is going to be the trickiest in terms of catching everyone I want to see... I can't wait!

Random Citizen

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2004, 05:23:00 am »
The L.A. Times has an article noting "cannot be missed" acts along with their set times. The link below is to the Radiohead fansite since the Times requires registration/login.

Coachella Guide

grotty

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2004, 08:34:00 am »
Thanks for the direct link RC.

Where are they getting set times? I don't see them on the Coachella site yet.

I like that they are still going to have music after the headliners. Very cool idea.

Too bad the Twilight Singers aren't making an appearance w/ Mark Lanegan in tow. Would be sweet eh?

Random Citizen

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2004, 08:45:00 am »
I'm guessing the set times will be announced on the Coachella website today. Since the Times goes to print early, Goldenvoice probably released the info to the reporter ahead of time.

Just about 24 hours until I'm on my way to California...this workday can't go fast enough!

grotty

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2004, 08:54:00 am »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  I'm guessing the set times will be announced on the Coachella website today. Since the Times goes to print early, Goldenvoice probably released the info to the reporter ahead of time.

Just about 24 hours until I'm on my way to California...this workday can't go fast enough!
I'm leaving here in about 5 hours - direct flight into LAX. Friends picking me up in a freakin' RV.     :D    
 We're going to camp in Joshua Tree tonight.

My only concern with this group of guys is keeping the craziness to a minimum until at least the festival STARTS!

If you want to meet up anytime, send me a txt (see PM). I'll get you a beer & we can rap about all things Dulli. {this is Grotty btw. Incognito}

Random Citizen

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2004, 09:00:00 am »
That sounds like a good idea.

And yeah, your real 9:30 Club handle still appears on the front page, so no mystery.  ;)

Originally posted by Treacherous J. Slim:

Originally posted by Random Citizen:
 [qb]
 If you want to meet up anytime, send me a txt (see PM). I'll get you a beer & we can rap about all things Dulli. {this is Grotty btw. Incognito} [/b]

jkeisenh

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2004, 09:14:00 am »
AAARRRGGGHHH!  Why must I sit at my desk an additional 8 hours when there is such great anticipation and such frolicking to be done?  Curse the spineless fool who made Thursday a workday preceeding my trip.  CURSES!

bearman🐻

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2004, 09:41:00 am »
OH MY GOD...I AM SO FRIGGIN' EXCITED!!! The Pixies on at 7:20pm. I am counting the minutes. Rock'n'roll is back again.

grotty

« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2004, 09:49:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  OH MY GOD...I AM SO FRIGGIN' EXCITED!!! The Pixies on at 7:20pm. I am counting the minutes. Rock'n'roll is back again.
I made a little mix cd that is exactly like the recent Minneapolis setlist. It's so F'ing good! These songs sound SO great back-to-back. I still can't believe what they are playing. Usually you get stuck with a band coming out of 'retirement' and pimping a bunch of new inferior stuff - not this time. "Rock'n'roll is back again" - Indeed.

I also just pulled out a Cure EP I got a LONG time ago. It's the Pictures of You single (once upon a time I was obsessed with that song) - it's got other cool live versions of songs from Disintegration. Wouldn't it be great to hear Prayers for Rain after sunset and after enduring a 105 degree day?!

Random Citizen

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2004, 09:53:00 am »
Latest weather update...

Weather.com has:
 Fri Apr 30  Sunny 93°/65° 0 %
 Sat May 01  Sunny 102°/67° 0 %
 Sun May 02  Sunny 106°/69° 0 %
 Mon May 03  Sunny 106°/70° 0 %

Weather.gov has:
 Friday. Sunny. Highs 87 to 95. North winds around 15 mph.
 Friday night. Clear. Lows 56 to 66. Northeast winds around 15 mph.
 Saturday. Sunny. Highs 92 to 100.
 Saturday night. Clear. Lows 60 to 70.
 Sunday. Sunny. Highs 94 to 102.
 Sunday night. Clear. Lows 60 to 70.
 Monday. Sunny. Highs 94 to 102.

bearman🐻

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2004, 09:57:00 am »
I've been in Palm Springs in May when it's 105 degrees...it's hot, but not as bad as RFK Stadium on an 85 degree day with 70% humidity. Trust me on this one. Bring some sun block, sun glasses, a hat, and drink water...it will be great! I see that The Desert Sessions are on at 6:30 on Sat., and I'll probably check them out a bit before I go over to see the Pixies. I have a feeling though I may have to skip them in order to get a good spot for the Pixies. I probably won't be arriving until 3:30 or so on Sat. I really can't wait to see Kraftwerk, too :-) woo-hoo!!!

ratioci nation

« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2004, 10:13:00 am »
  I made a little mix cd that is exactly like the recent Minneapolis setlist. It's so F'ing good!
here are the actual Minneapolis songs

http://www.tibagito.interconectado.net/mp3/

grotty

« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2004, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by pollard:

I made a little mix cd that is exactly like the recent Minneapolis setlist. It's so F'ing good!
here are the actual Minneapolis songs

http://www.tibagito.interconectado.net/mp3/ [/b]
Dang - that's the last thing I needed right now - another to-do before leaving   :D  

My ass has to get packin'!

Thanks...I think.