Author Topic: Underaged Drinking at Merriwether Post Pavilion  (Read 8797 times)

bnyced0

Re: Underaged Drinking at Merriwether Post Pavilion
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 11:02:00 am »
I was carded each time I bought a beer, and ummm I'm a lot closer to 41 than 21.  I guess you can buy beer and pass it off, but at least these kids aren't cracked out, and their parents are probably driving them so let's give them some slack, I mean look how this guy has to go through life looking like THAT.

I'm glad you're all about the PSA's today, but do you want to comment on how Slayer, well....SLAYED?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 11:21:00 am »
he could be a junior at william and mary or something
o/\o

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 11:44:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I find it amusing that a guy with "666" in his name is concerned about kids drinking and sneaking into the GA pit at a concert.

I guess being a disciple of Lucifer ain't what it used to be.....
Nice.

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 11:51:00 am »
He looks more like junior college material to me.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  he could be a junior at william and mary or something

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
 I was carded each time I bought a beer, and ummm I'm a lot closer to 41 than 21.  I guess you can buy beer and pass it off, but at least these kids aren't cracked out, and their parents are probably driving them so let's give them some slack, I mean look how this guy has to go through life looking like THAT.

its nice to look young, eh? the other day i almost couldnt get into a bar on the LES because they didnt believe it was my real ID (i still have va license) so i had to have another form of ID to prove it was me to get in. a major pain in the arse. who'd make up that they were in their 30s if they were 20 something.

id imagine - merriweather in no way wants to take time doing that. it took way too long, and im sure more people than not who are under-age are prob not drinking.
HeyLa

danknugz

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
you gotta love the random 13 year old girls walking around bumming cigarettes too. "can i like, bum a smoke???" thanks for talking into my mics while im recording ya dumski.

slayer and manson recordings came out like crap anyways, my levels were too high, thus too much distortion, especially during the really bassy parts.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »
I don't think it's the case of looking young, it's a case of them being overly cautious.   ;)   I was carded multiple times when I was 39, and I LOOKED much closer to 41 than 21.

Originally posted by xneverwherex:

Originally posted by bnyced0:

its nice to look young, eh? the other day i almost couldnt get into a bar on the LES because they didnt believe it was my real ID (i still have va license) so i had to have another form of ID to prove it was me to get in. a major pain in the arse. who'd make up that they were in their 30s if they were 20 something.

id imagine - merriweather in no way wants to take time doing that. it took way too long, and im sure more people than not who are under-age are prob not drinking. [/b]

Samantha

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by danknugz:
  ya dumski.
lollerz

Got Haggis?

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
maybe there should be wristbands for wristband wearers.

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Underage drinking is no joking matter.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
27>34

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 01:40:00 pm »
you must provide id to purchase alcohol at mpp.  there are limits to how many drinks you can buy at one time that change from show to show, and sometimes during a show.  there are teams patrolling the grounds that spot check id on people that look young and have alcohol.  there are also undercover agents that patrol the site and issue citations to underage drinkers.  

considering the size of the property, the number of people on site at a show, and all other logistical matters, i would love to hear some suggestions as to how the policies could be better enforced.  everyone hates beer gardens, right?

PigIron

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 02:09:00 pm »
I'm just pissed that its so easy to get beer as an underage kid these days.  Do they go uncarded?  Do they ask someone to get it for them?  Where is security?
 Back in the good old days when I wanted to drink but was too young, we had to actually sneak it in. I had to practically shove an entire bottle of Jack Daniels up my ass and secure it with duct tape. Then, later, with my pants around my ankles, painfully pull the thing off of my body in a mens room stall while enduring the pain of hair loss as I removed the tape.  But damn, the reward afterwards was priceless.
 It may be out of jealously, or it may just be the responsible/caring adult that I am, but it pisses me off to see some 18 year old kid celebrating with a beer at Merriweather.  
 And also, I'm not a fashion guy, but who wears cargo pants and a baseball hat to something as "evil" as a Slayer/Manson show?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  you must provide id to purchase alcohol at mpp.
I was never IDed the few times I bought beer (nor were my friends) at the Wilco show this summer ... older crowd I guess
(o|o)

thirsty moore

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »
Did you report this to staff at the event?

Originally posted by Marty666:
  Shouldn't there be wrist bands for drinkers?

manimtired

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »
maybe my sarcasm radar is way off today but some of you people really need to lighten up..