Author Topic: Is smoking pot in the club...  (Read 11117 times)

Re: Is smoking pot in the club...
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2005, 05:22:00 pm »
Well the law against smoking pot is bullshit as well. Regardless, the 9:30 must work to see that there are no underage drinkers OR potsmokers breaking laws in their establishment, or they're in deep shit either way. Probably in deeper shit for the underage drinkers, since the 9:30 is the one serving up the alcohol.

Originally posted by HERR DOKTOR-DOOM:

Originally posted by LRHippo:

dude, are you over 30?  Those "underage" people you see drinking are probably in their mid-20s.   That's just how life goes.
Not when they have the big "X" or no stamp on their hand or however they do it on any given night. These folks (usually little teeny bopper girlies) are well underage. And they use such tactics as covering up their hands. It got to the point where I actually had to point them out to the staff. Sadly, nothing was done. [/b]
well really, the drinking age is bullshit anyway.   I mean, people can go to Iraq and die or get maimed for their country when they're 17, but they can't be trusted to drink for four more years?   So if this is some sort of moralistic crusade you're on, STFU, but if you're just worried about the club's license, then that's OK. [/b]

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2005, 05:22:00 pm »

It got to the point where I actually had to point them out to the staff. [/b]
Weak. Who cares if those kids are drinking?  Guess you never drank when you were underage. What's next on your list, lobbying for prohibition?

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2005, 05:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sailor Ripley:

Weak. Who cares if those kids are drinking?  Guess you never drank when you were underage. What's next on your list, lobbying for prohibition? [/b]
I agree w/ Sailor Ripley. You ought to loosen up Hippo.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2005, 05:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sam Pulsize:
  Regardless, the 9:30 must work to see that there are no underage drinkers OR potsmokers breaking laws in their establishment, or they're in deep shit either way.

yeah, but I was mainly commenting on Hippo's self-appointed vigilantism.
_\|/_

• my blog
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sailor Ripley:

Weak. Who cares if those kids are drinking?  Guess you never drank when you were underage. What's next on your list, lobbying for prohibition? [/b]
it might just be his method of approaching teenage girls...  :D
_\|/_

Sir HC

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2005, 06:20:00 pm »

dude, are you over 30?  Those "underage" people you see drinking are probably in their mid-20s.   That's just how life goes.
Not when they have the big "X" or no stamp on their hand or however they do it on any given night. These folks (usually little teeny bopper girlies) are well underage. And they use such tactics as covering up their hands. It got to the point where I actually had to point them out to the staff. Sadly, nothing was done. [/b]
I think we will need thatguy to chime in here.  I can not imagine that they would not do something as underage drinking = loss of liquor license.  How often are you going to use the term "any given night".  Many nights there are shows that do not attract any teenybopper girls.  Are you sure you are not talking about Nation?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2005, 08:18:00 pm »
  Back to being serious, yeah right...I for one think more should be done to stop the underage drinking that goes on at almost every show I go to at the 9:30 club. The weed issue is handled pretty well in my opinion.
i thought you were being sarcastic ... i still hope you are ...

back when i was under-21, 930 club was one of the tougher places to drink underage, i know tons of fake IDs from georgetown (that would work most other places in the city) that met their death at the hands of thatguy and his crew, we found out quickly that it just wasn't even worth trying ... and trying to smear that blue gunk off your hands? wasn't working

maybe we didn't show enough midriff ... although my heels were always killer back then
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2005, 06:47:00 am »
Shouldn't this be under the DUMBEST POST thread?

LRHippo

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2005, 09:52:00 am »
not a prohibitionist in anyway. Hell I brew my own beer. When it gets to the point where the underage drinking is having an effect on mine and other's enjoyment of the show, I'm sorry, but that's gone to far. And no, I didn't drink before I was 21. Not for moral issues, but becuase I just couldn't stand the shit. (That 21st birthday will always get ya) Ya'll are just spewing at how well the club is at ousting smokers, well, I have had an oposite experience(s). Sorry I don't kiss the ass of the club all the time like everyone else does....

• my blog
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
  not a prohibitionist in anyway. Hell I brew my own beer. When it gets to the point where the underage drinking is having an effect on mine and other's enjoyment of the show, I'm sorry, but that's gone to far. And no, I didn't drink before I was 21. Not for moral issues, but becuase I just couldn't stand the shit. (That 21st birthday will always get ya) Ya'll are just spewing at how well the club is at ousting smokers, well, I have had an oposite experience(s). Sorry I don't kiss the ass of the club all the time like everyone else does....
that's weird.  Why would (alleged) underage drinking have an effect on your enjoyment of the show?  Unless they're throwing bottles at you?  Ya wanna enjoy the show, watch the show and stop watching other people.
_\|/_

LRHippo

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
 that's weird.  Why would (alleged) underage drinking have an effect on your enjoyment of the show?  Unless they're throwing bottles at you?  Ya wanna enjoy the show, watch the show and stop watching other people.
Question the reality all you want. And when they are stumbling into you, screaming their heads off, and paying no attention what-so-ever to the band or the folks around them, it effects other's enjoyment.

• my blog
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2005, 12:05:00 pm »

Question the reality all you want. And when they are stumbling into you, screaming their heads off, and paying no attention what-so-ever to the band or the folks around them, it effects other's enjoyment. [/b]
dude, at every show there are people of every age who act like assholes.  There are teenagers and there are middle aged yuppies from Herndon who think they're still living in a frathouse.  It has nothing to do with either age or drinking.

if you can't deal with annoying people, you might as well stay home.  Annoying people are a part of life.  And chances are, you're annoying to someone as well.
_\|/_

LRHippo

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
No need to start making this personal. I will refrain from replyinh again, you can continue your ass kissing....   :D

• my blog
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
It's not kissing ass to point out that you're being a dork.
_\|/_

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
dude. you suck.

i second everything doom has said ... just because you were a loser (you NEVER drank before you were 21?!, you must have had a great time in college) doesn't mean you have to rain on the parade of normal people.

what the fuck does this have to do with ass-kissing the club?
(o|o)