Author Topic: Top 10 Dumbest Moments in Forum History  (Read 11109 times)

vansmack

Re: Top 10 Dumbest Moments in Forum History
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2005, 03:56:00 pm »
Dammit.  You know you've been around long enough when you're upset that you missed a moderator edit.
27>34

jakez468

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2005, 05:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  That Rabble Rouser fella who saw I luv Huckabees too many times and assumed we are all horribly scared about contrails since his post got so many hits...never mind his stories were completely different than the subject matter of the post...
agreed, dude was out of control.

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2005, 05:31:00 pm »
How about the time that guy said the headliners to a show he had been to a year prior sucked, totally forgetting that he had left the show before the headliners even came on? Man, that guy must have been fucked up on something.  :roll:

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »
Who was the band that played Conan in NY then arrived late for a show, only playing for a like a half hour becasue there gear hadn't arrived?

Also, was it the Beastie Boys that had their flight cancelled and had to take the train, but sent pizza's to the club for those that stuck around?

I get the feeling I'm confusing the two.
27>34

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2005, 05:39:00 pm »
Wasn't that Keane? Or some band that reminds me of them?

Originally posted by vansmack:
  Who was the band that played Conan in NY then arrived late for a show, only playing for a like a half hour becasue there gear hadn't arrived?

Fico

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »

That was Keane..their gear was in place but they got stuck on bad weather the story goes. They played for some 40 minutes which isn't bad considering that:

a- they only have one record; and

b- the French Kicks played a longer set to compensate.

Sir HC

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2005, 06:24:00 pm »
Yeah, Keane has two sets of equipment (or did for their first US tour).  One that they could fly with to do Conan or Jay Leno the other (the gear they really like to use) is with the bus.  So they flew did the show, got hosed, but made it and did play.  Give them an A for effort.

eltee

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2005, 07:30:00 pm »
 Also, was it the Beastie Boys that had their flight cancelled and had to take the train, but sent pizza's to the club for those that stuck around?
Yes, that was Beasties. Don't forget the breakdancing & WHFS was there...sigh...

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2005, 07:42:00 pm »
What about when some regulars played tricks with the fonts and created alias' with similar names of each other?  

That was a hoot.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2005, 08:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:

That was Keane..their gear was in place but they got stuck on bad weather the story goes. They played for some 40 minutes which isn't bad considering that:

a- they only have one record; and

b- the French Kicks played a longer set to compensate. [/b]
i was just reading the rolling stone article on the arcade fire (has anyone heard of them? i hear they're "hot") and the same thing happened to them, except their equipment was real late getting delivered from conan's show to a club IN MANHATTAN
(o|o)

Jaguär

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2005, 02:52:00 am »
Two words:

"porky midget"

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2005, 06:44:00 am »
  The Justin Timberlake days were classic.

I second smackies one.

MY Dumbest moment was when I posted that BRIAN ADAMS had done a wonderful cover of Oasis "Wonderwall".....only to find out the Irish DJ had eff'd up big time and it was actually RYAN ADAMS ! ! ! !

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2005, 11:43:00 am »
remember the time Rhett said ____________ and then Celeste said _________?
_\|/_

lionforce5

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2005, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:

The Justin Timberlake days were classic.

I second smackies one.

MY Dumbest moment was when I posted that BRIAN ADAMS had done a wonderful cover of Oasis "Wonderwall".....only to find out the Irish DJ had eff'd up big time and it was actually RYAN ADAMS ! ! ! ! [/b]
ouch.  People have been kicked out of concerts for such mistakes.    :p  

Hey...remember when HFS turned into a Salsa channel?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2020, 02:39:39 pm »
I feel like this thread is woefully out of date. Has nothing dumb happened on the forum in the last 15 years??