Author Topic: Echo roll call  (Read 7935 times)

myuman

Re: Echo roll call
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 09:14:00 pm »
Ok, maybe not foo fighters, but someone that is used to playing late and on main stage will have to settle for less.

Reechard D Taylor

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 02:44:00 am »
I'll be at the show in Lancaster with a couple of friends of mine. Shame they didn't get their own show in D.C. Definitely a formidable live band. Even some of their songs that I'm not that into that much sound so great live. I highly recommend seeing them...

bearman🐻

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
Echo has always been a live favorite of mine. If they play "Do It Clean", "Villiers Terrace" or "Over the Wall" I'll be content. They skipped Do It Clean and Villiers in NYC last time I saw them, but they were still great. I love how Ian McCulloch will often interject other songs' lyrics into their own songs.

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
Unbelievable show last night...an improvement over their NYC Webster Hall show from a couple of years ago. The show wasn't even sold out, and far from packed. Echo knows how to do a show right: play TONS of old stuff and sprinkle in just a few tunes from their "reunion" years. Not that they don't have some good songs from 1997 and on. Highlights: "Going Up" (which I've never heard live), "All My Colours", "Villiers Terrace", "Over the Wall", "Nothing Lasts Forever/Take A Walk On the Wild Side", the cover of "Loose", and the absolutely brilliant version of "the Killing Moon". It was during "Seven Seas" (I think that was the 4th song) that it all came together and the sound was so great. Distance, what did you think? For me, it was easily one of the best shows I've seen this year, maybe the best so far. Will and Mac still rule.

distance

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 02:36:00 am »
Originally posted by bearman:
 Distance, what did you think? For me, it was easily one of the best shows I've seen this year, maybe the best so far. Will and Mac still rule.
1000 times better than the last show i was at.  i had some really obnoxious people around me, but nowhere near as bad as the 930 show was, as i described before.
 tonight's setlist was the same as last night... the show was quite a bit louder tonight.  for some reason the show started almost an hour late.
 ah well.. it was definitely fun.

it really seems sometimes like he just forgets lyrics and just repeats or makes stuff up in the meantime.   tonight he started singing 'billie jean', but gave up after a line or two and said he didn't know the words..