Author Topic: Visiting Baltimore  (Read 27314 times)

Re: Visiting Baltimore
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2022, 07:37:41 am »

Tucker Carlson calls Baltimore "one of the worst places in the western hemisphere, it's a little bit of Haiti in the mid-Atlantic.

https://twitter.com/nikkimcr/status/1488681371434422276?s=21
slack

Bagley

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2022, 12:27:27 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2022, 01:04:43 pm »
That may be the single stupidest thing I have ever read.

Yada

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2022, 01:19:00 pm »
I ❤️ Bawlmoor.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2022, 12:44:29 pm »
I love Maryland but growing up here warps your perspective of what “rich” and “poor” look like, and how we talk about Baltimore is Exhibit A

https://twitter.com/justupthepike/status/1537249322349342721?t=oGpjQPMF0lDRTRiDctJUFg&s=19

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2022, 06:14:35 pm »
So Baltimore/DC gets screwed out of hosting 2026 World Cup.  Fuck those Euro-trash FIFA assholes.

Starsky

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2022, 06:56:55 pm »
DC doesn’t have a big enough stadium so it really came down to Baltimore being passed up in favor of other US cities but yeah it’s a bummer.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2022, 07:03:41 pm »
An Emo's type atmosphere...probably at the 8x10, though without the good music...

I will be in town for the Belle and Sebastian show.  I will only be in Baltimore for the night and need to kill time from when the show ends to when I catch my flight. So from, like Midnight to 7am.  I'm just looking for a place to grab a drink and maybe see a band.  I'm from Austin and if anyone is familiar with that area, I'm looking for an Emo's type atmosphere.  If you could please help me out I would be eternally greatful!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:07:13 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2022, 07:07:11 pm »
DC doesn’t have a big enough stadium so it really came down to Baltimore being passed up in favor of other US cities but yeah it’s a bummer.

huh?  fed ex field can hold 82k, which gives it the second-highest capacity of the NFL.  you need to reach for the college stadiums, like the Big House, if you wanna go really big... but i didn't see them list any college venues, looks like its all pro football stadiums.

EDIT: WaPo writes "Baltimore and Washington merged their bids to improve the region’s chances, but because of FIFA’s growing concerns about FedEx Field in Landover, Md., the matches were to be staged at M&T Bank Stadium." i wonder what those "concerns" are?  my guess: it's Snyder.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2022, 07:18:53 pm »
Exactly

Also Baltimore doesn’t have an MLS team.

I think it’s hard to argue with most of the cities picked.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2022, 07:27:32 pm »
.  you need to reach for the college stadiums, like the Big House, if you wanna go really big... but i didn't see them list any college venues, looks like its all pro football stadiums.
There was some glorified exhibition match at the Big House with whatever team had Cristiano Ronaldo and the soccer losers said the field was oddly sized or positioned or something that made it suboptimal.

I think the Rose Bowl was proposed but didn’t make this final cut in favor of Sofi Stadium.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2022, 07:28:14 pm »
An Emo's type atmosphere...probably at the 8x10, though without the good music...

I will be in town for the Belle and Sebastian show.  I will only be in Baltimore for the night and need to kill time from when the show ends to when I catch my flight. So from, like Midnight to 7am.  I'm just looking for a place to grab a drink and maybe see a band.  I'm from Austin and if anyone is familiar with that area, I'm looking for an Emo's type atmosphere.  If you could please help me out I would be eternally greatful!

Oooh good call. I hope he hasn't left yet.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2022, 07:37:16 pm »
huh?  fed ex field can hold 82k, which gives it the second-highest capacity of the NFL.  you need to reach for the college stadiums, like the Big House, if you wanna go really big... but i didn't see them list any college venues, looks like its all pro football stadiums.

EDIT: WaPo writes "Baltimore and Washington merged their bids to improve the region’s chances, but because of FIFA’s growing concerns about FedEx Field in Landover, Md., the matches were to be staged at M&T Bank Stadium." i wonder what those "concerns" are?  my guess: it's Snyder.

This is FIFA. Dan Snyder is a choirboy compared to these uber corrupt freaks.

FedEx Field's problem is that it's a total dump and I'm sure that railing collapsing during the Eagles-WFT game at the end of 2021 sealed the deal. Of course, decrepit stadiums aside, nobody knows how World Cup bids truly work, unless it is really is cities offering $X to FIFA and trying to recoup the money.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2022, 07:38:09 pm »
I think the Rose Bowl was proposed but didn’t make this final cut in favor of Sofi Stadium.

The Rose Bowl was never offered, except for maybe practice. The NFL hasn't had a Super Bowl there in 30 years, why would FIFA play there instead of SoFi Stadium?

Starsky

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2022, 07:40:00 pm »
FedEX is a dump AND pulled out

It wouldn’t have deserved to get picked