Author Topic: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire  (Read 35856 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
I don't know if any of you are south of DC like myself, but there's a virtually unannounced show (I don't see it on the band's website) at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC that still has tickets on sale. That's probably like a 4 hour drive from DC, but it's a Friday and even with gas you'd probably save money over buying ridiculously scalped tickets.

Just a heads up.

freddyadu

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  this is unreal .... are there really 1200 arcade fire fans in this city hardcore enough that they knew about this show before it was up on the 930 website (which took forever to do)??

i'm pissed, and i need two tickets.
Who are you pissed at, the 930 club?  You seem to frequent the board fairly often and knew about the show last month.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
  this is unreal .... are there really 1200 arcade fire fans in this city hardcore enough that they knew about this show before it was up on the 930 website (which took forever to do)??
I think it went up on the website on 12/22.  That was about a week and a half ago.  When did it actually sellout?  I didn't notice until yesterday morning. I'm not very surprised at all though. They topped everyone's "Best of 2004" lists and all reports say their live show is even better. This was guaranteed to be a hot ticket.

On the other hand, The Scissor Sisters also sold out well in advance.  That surprised me a bit.

Shiverintheshadows

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2005, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by elj:
  I don't know if any of you are south of DC like myself, but there's a virtually unannounced show (I don't see it on the band's website) at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC that still has tickets on sale. That's probably like a 4 hour drive from DC, but it's a Friday and even with gas you'd probably save money over buying ridiculously scalped tickets.

Just a heads up.
The Cat's Cradle show is sold out now as well!

Random Citizen

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
  I don't know if any of you are south of DC like myself, but there's a virtually unannounced show (I don't see it on the band's website)
It's been listed on the Merge Records site, though.

I bet the folks at Merge are happy campers these days...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shiverintheshadows:
 The Cat's Cradle show is sold out now as well! [/qb]
Ah, well it wasn't when I posted at least. Thank goodness I got tickets.

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
Mac will be able to finance a couple of more lame Supercrunk and Portapotty albums.

Originally posted by Random Citizen:

I don't know if any of you are south of DC like myself, but there's a virtually unannounced show (I don't see it on the band's website)
I bet the folks at Merge are happy campers these days... [/b]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2005, 03:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by freddyadu:

i'm pissed, and i need two tickets.
Who are you pissed at, the 930 club?  You seem to frequent the board fairly often and knew about the show last month. [/b]
i'm pissed at myself, not pissed at 930 club ... i'm going to go piss, then get pissed tonight.
(o|o)

brennser

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2005, 11:26:00 am »
those of us without tix will just have to make do with this Arcade Fire Live

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
man will they be rocking the side stage at hfstival or what this year   :p
T.Rex

SalParadise

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
maybe a bit optimistic...

but i can see them adding a second early show.

the show is on a sunday. they're not scheduled to play either of the two previous nights (they'll be rested). and the only other "two shows in one night" night for them is in L.A....on 1/16....a sunday.

let's hope.

(i'm kinda upset at myself for not jumping on this sooner.)

maybe we can contact them and ask nicely? or beg seth?...(not sure how that all works)

bearman🐻

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2005, 11:54:00 am »
That would be very cool. I'm enjoying the CD and really wouldn't mind checking them out. I am sure it will be a good time.

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
"Rested"

That is very funny. As if it will take a heckuva lot of energy to get up at noon and play a 40 minute show later in the evening.

Originally posted by SalParadise:

the show is on a sunday. they're not scheduled to play either of the two previous nights (they'll be rested). and the only other "two shows in one night" night for them is in L.A....on 1/16....a sunday.

let's hope.

maybe we can contact them and ask nicely? or beg seth?...(not sure how that all works)

SalParadise

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2005, 12:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  "Rested"

That is very funny. As if it will take a heckuva lot of energy to get up at noon and play a 40 minute show later in the evening.

Originally posted by SalParadise:

let's hope.

[/b]
i think someone needs a hug.

playstationery

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2005, 05:12:00 pm »
everyone's sucking the arcade fires' dicks now, but where were you all when they played the black cat with unicorns last year? they're ok. i actually like the record better.