Author Topic: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire  (Read 35876 times)

Random Citizen

Re: Mark your calendars / Arcade Fire
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2005, 05:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by playstationery:
  everyone's sucking the arcade fires' dicks now, but where were you all when they played the black cat with unicorns last year? they're ok. i actually like the record better.
Sitting at the bar, you?   :p

playstationery

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
exactly! i was in the crowd, wondering why all these canadian bands were so much fresher than ours.

thirsty moore

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2005, 05:28:00 pm »
I wasn't there because after hearing their demo tape I decided they weren't for me.

Originally posted by playstationery:
  everyone's sucking the arcade fires' dicks now, but where were you all when they played the black cat with unicorns last year? they're ok. i actually like the record better.

vansmack

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2005, 02:16:00 pm »
Arcade Fire
 Morning Becomes Eclectic, KCRW in LA

Monday Morning, January 17, 11:15 AM PT

http://www.kcrw.org/show/mb
27>34

Bags

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2005, 06:00:00 am »
Well, I see that I lost on this one -- as I knew I would because I just couldn't get by the club in December before I left the country for 3 weeks. Should any board member have spare tickets, p.m. me...though I'm still in Cape Town (and am heading right to Phoenix when I get back until Jan 17).  Trust me, if you save me a ticket, I will pay, buy you a drink and either chat with you or ignore you based on your preference.

Grazi, and happy new year to all...

- Bags

Darth Ed

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2005, 02:51:00 pm »
Spare tickets are proving hard/expensive to come by at the moment. Hope things improve as we get closer to Jan. 30th.

vansmack

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2005, 02:59:00 pm »
Since that other thread about the Arcade Fire is simply ridiculous, I thought I would report here.

I saw them last night, and while the album took some time to get used to, the live show was something else.  Crazy energy all the way throughout.  A relatively short set as expected, but it was unbelievable.  I haven't felt this way about a show since the first time I saw The Flaming Lips or the Polyphonic Spree.  It's one of those things you can talk about all day and never give the proper description of (although this guy was a bit over zealous, he does a decent job - free live tracks too) .  You'll just have to see it to appreciate it.  I can confirm that I heard a few "Holy Shit!"'s and "Are you fucking kidding me?" and at least one person in our group said that it was the best show she's ever been too.

For those of you that got tickets - enjoy.  For those that didn't, get down to the club night of and try to get a cheap one.  

They deserve the critics sucking their dicks right now.
27>34

xcanuck

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

I saw them last night, and while the album took some time to get used to, the live show was something else.  Crazy energy all the way throughout.  
Testify!!  :)  It was their live show that won me over. I don't know if Win's brother is going to be at the 9:30 Club show (word is that he's going back to school for this semester). When I saw them in Portland/Seattle, he seemed to be the one with the most energy.

But I fear the sophomore jink/hipness backlash. Both seem to be inevitable. I hope they enjoy this ride while it lasts.

Barcelona

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2005, 03:24:00 pm »
Three new shows in Tucson, Dallas and Austin were added today, no news yet on what they might do on the 29th, but it seems like they might rest.

joz

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
nice review vansmack...the lips will always be one of my favorite live performances and i can only imagine the huge, unwavering grin that will be on my face during the arcade fire's set.

Bags

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »
I'll keep looking for tix...and may go to the club to see if any are available...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2005, 04:10:00 pm »
i just bought tix for $96 for the pair on ebay.

ugh.

i couldn't miss this one.
(o|o)

ratioci nation

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

ugh.

you are just supporting scalpers, they will be back eventually

Barcelona

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2005, 04:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

ugh.

you are just supporting scalpers, they will be back eventually [/b]
Is there a limit of tickets you can get at the 9:30 or at tickets.com? If so, that would seem like a good starting point.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2005, 05:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  you are just supporting scalpers, they will be back eventually
i know, i know ... i couldn't help myself ...
(o|o)