Author Topic: Fall US U2 Tour Dates  (Read 7191 times)

vansmack

Re: Fall US U2 Tour Dates
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2005, 10:18:00 pm »
You know you've made it when Joe Cocker covers you on late night television.
27>34

Bartelby

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2005, 11:14:00 pm »
I caught the Joe Cocker appearance.  Were you as shocked as I was?  He didn't hit a single note until the last half of the song. ..then again, I'm not sure he was ever a fav. of mine.  Sad or funny?

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2005, 01:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sayonaro:
  I caught the Joe Cocker appearance.  Were you as shocked as I was?  He didn't hit a single note until the last half of the song. ..then again, I'm not sure he was ever a fav. of mine.  Sad or funny?
I found it very moving.  I have always been a fan of Joe Cocker, despite his appearance flaws, because I always get the feeling he's giving it his all.  He put everything into it - I thought he was nearing crying half through it.  Smackette agrees with you though, if it weren't for the second half of the song, NBC likely would have cut the performance from the show.

I could have done without the Kenny G clone and the keyboard player who must have had his iPod set to a different beat, but I could watch Joe Cocker do well written songs all night.  I may even buy the album after seeing that performance.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
well that was fun Kosmette and I yelling back and forth our wait times in the end section 404 for thursday...
T.Rex

SalParadise

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
i don't know how i did it...

2 GA/floor for 2nd night.

i went back again thinking "it can't be that easy?!"...15 minute wait time on my 2nd search.

Bags

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
That is just bullshit....I logged on within 15 seconds of a friend who was trying in NYC.  My wait time progressed as follows:

3 minutes
 6 minutes
 4 minutes
 12 minutes
 15 minutes
 (and down)

Luckily he got section 110 tickets for Thursday ($178 each).  I got a couple seats up in 420.  Oy vey.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2005, 11:36:00 am »
yeah it would be much cheaper technology wise to just setup a lottery and people get what they get based on luck...
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2005, 11:40:00 am »
*crash and burn*

:(

eros

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2005, 12:15:00 pm »
had two club seats right beside the stage in my hand...ticketmaster blew up while processing my credit card    :mad:
ʎɐʍou

myuman

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2005, 01:15:00 pm »
I got two GAs for the first MCI night....  I'll get there in the afternoon sometime.  I waited all day in KY four years ago and was as on the rail... but I can't say I really cared this year,  I'd certainly trade some reasonably placed upper deck seats for these if anyone I come across is interested.  Bottom line was that I wasn't going to pay anymore than I had to... so GA it was.

ratioci nation

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2005, 01:17:00 pm »
everybody get their Washington Nationals single game tickets? they went on sale at noon

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2005, 05:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by ratioci nation:
  everybody get their Washington Nationals single game tickets? they went on sale at noon
no way.

there's no point in ever buying single game tickets for any professional sport.

you'll find better seat locations for cheaper than face on craigslist ... season ticket holders dump their unwanted seats, and they pay less than face value for their tix, right now they're trying to get face value for their seats, but the market will stabilize once the season opens and they'll realize they'll have to sell for below face ...

my friend has wizards season tickets, pays $37.50 a game for $80 face seats ... he goes to 15 or so games a year, sells the rest for $60-70 (more for lakers, etc) and ends up making money on the whole thing

i was actually considering getting a 41 game half-season ticket package for the nationals in the upper outfield reserve ($350ish) and just selling the opening day seats on ebay or CL, the opening day tix are going for $200-300 per ticket, so one idiot who just has to go to opening day would basically pay for the rest of your season.
(o|o)

ratioci nation

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2005, 06:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
 no way.

there's no point in ever buying single game tickets for any professional sport.

maybe here, your system would not work for cardinals tickets in st. louis though

I considered buying tickets for the saturday cardinals game here in august and had baseline box seats on ticketmaster, but decided against it $40 is too much, i will decide closer to the date

Medusa

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by Mongo:
 I have no idea what the $163 is for.
you can sit on Bono's lap.[/b]
*I'd* like to sit on Bono's lap.  :p

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

MaLo

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2005, 11:17:00 pm »
i pulled up section 430...then, as soon as i entered my credit card info, ticketmaster gave me an error and i didn't get the tickets

grrrrrrrr

no U2 for me

i should've just gone and run the St Patricks Day 10K