Author Topic: Who is going to Bright Eyes?  (Read 3159 times)

bellenseb

Re: Who is going to Bright Eyes?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 11:59:00 am »
Bright Eyes sort of let me down with the last album, but Oberst has always been a great, great songwriter and singer.

I can see why he wouldn't be lots of people's bag, but I feel that the disinterested tend to unfairly lump him with the Dashboard Confessionals of the world, when there's really several worlds of difference.

offspringgirl88@yahoo.com

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2004, 11:50:00 pm »
I saw tilly and the wall/rilo kiley back on 10/10, what a great show.  and personally, while i think that the 'teeny bopper' thing can somtimes be annoying, i would have preferred them to the crowd that was present that night.  I'm so sick of 'scenesters' who think they're too cool to act like they're enjoying themselves or to groove along to the music.  thats half of the fun of a show.  I felt so bad for rilo kiley;  it was like half of the people that went had never even heard of the band.  Just standing there, looking sad and forlorn, crossing their arms, and actually bringing down the mood of the performers.  At least the teenagers are excited about the music, sometimes they can seema  little overboard, but at least they don't really care if they look 'immature', just by getting into it and having fun.  I really, really hope that there is better crowd for the bright eyes show.

Oh, and tilly and the wall was very good.

Jaguär

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »
I'm not going. Can't handle that whiney Emo voice of his.

DLA

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 08:48:00 am »
Originally posted by GeometricPatterns:
  I saw tilly and the wall/rilo kiley back on 10/10, what a great show.  and personally, while i think that the 'teeny bopper' thing can somtimes be annoying, i would have preferred them to the crowd that was present that night.  I'm so sick of 'scenesters' who think they're too cool to act like they're enjoying themselves or to groove along to the music.  thats half of the fun of a show.  I felt so bad for rilo kiley;  it was like half of the people that went had never even heard of the band.  Just standing there, looking sad and forlorn, crossing their arms, and actually bringing down the mood of the performers.  At least the teenagers are excited about the music, sometimes they can seema  little overboard, but at least they don't really care if they look 'immature', just by getting into it and having fun.  I really, really hope that there is better crowd for the bright eyes show.

Oh, and tilly and the wall was very good.
Yeah until they think they can mosh and start randomly throwing fists and dropkicking people in the pit. That shit pisses me off.

TheWaz

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 11:58:00 am »
im going, im not annoying high schoolkid (anymore)

im a big faint fan, along with 3 other friends, but im sure the rest of the crowd will be pretty young... and depressed.

joeavrage

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 10:46:00 am »
So how come this isn't showing up on the homepage yet? Is it some kinda scheme to stop scalpers knowing about the show?

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 05:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by My Cat Can DJ:
  So how come this isn't showing up on the homepage yet? Is it some kinda scheme to stop scalpers knowing about the show?
nice screen name.