Author Topic: The Smiths  (Read 12714 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: The Smiths
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2013, 10:20:42 am »
Is this all a Dupek experiment?

ding ding!
(o|o)

atomicfront

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2013, 10:22:05 am »
Anyone ever get the feeling that Atomicfront and Brian Wallace are the same person? I feel like over the years, there's always been one poster whose every opinion and every post was just perfectly tailored to outrage people. I honestly can't believe Atomicfront is a real person who is representing himself genuinely, in the same way I couldn't believe BW was a real person. Is this all a Dupek experiment?

I don't know Brian Wallace is but I think you should take a look in the mirror before posting stuff like this.

James Ford

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:45 am »
they used to say the same thing about me

atomicfront

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2013, 10:25:33 am »
And I don't know why you even bring him up he seems to like the Smiths.  I like the Smiths and I have all their albums on vinyl. Of course, I am 48 and I might be living in the past

And I don't know why my names to be brought up in threads that don't even relate to me.  The constant trolling on this board is ruining it.  Just talk about the subject at hand or don't post in a thread.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:28:45 am by atomicfront »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2013, 10:29:49 am »
dupek, brian, julian, atomicfront

what do they all have in common . . . we talk about them.

atomicfront

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2013, 10:30:24 am »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
 The most amazing thing about the Smiths was that from the time they released "Hand in Glove" (May 1983) to the time Johnny Marr spoke the words: "I didn't form a group to perform Cilla Black songs" (August 1987) it was four years and three months.

All they accomplished: Four albums, seventeen singles (eight(!!!) of which weren't on a proper studio album) and millions of fans whose lives were changed.

Fifty-one months and they were gone.  You can place their entire career in the time between Radiohead albums.  

Johnny Marr was only 23 when they BROKE UP!

Amazing what they accomplished in that time.
FYI, you are lauding a band that released albums before you were born (if you were alive, you were very young - too young to make them relevant to your life).  why are you defending this golden oldie shit?  how can it possibly compete with AFI or fallout boy?

confused.

Looks like Sweetcell has been trolling for a long time.

atomicfront

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2013, 10:32:32 am »
dupek, brian, julian, atomicfront

what do they all have in common . . . we talk about them.

Seems like some people on this board think anyone who has an opinion different than their own should be ridiculed.  Why does it matter if someone likes AFI and Fall Out Boy.  I was at festivals where these bands played during the era of the original post and their shows were packed.  So many people liked them.  Maybe it is age thing. 

atomicfront

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2013, 10:38:07 am »
So I was at Wonderland tonight, and this group of four people started ranking on The Smiths...  loudly going on about how boring they are, and how much they suck, and so on and so forth.  I thought about saying something, but they were being so loud that it seemed like they were just looking to piss someone off, and I didn't want to give them the satisfaction.

Now, I can imagine how some people might not find the Smiths to be their cup of tea, but it still seems to me like anyone of intellect and taste would recognize that they were something special, even if they didn't personally care for them... am I wrong here?

I think a lot of people disliked the Smiths when they first came out.  I had a friend who like all the other bands of the day: Cure, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie & the Banshees, PIL, etc but hated the Smiths said they were depressing.  I remember taking a road trip with my dad back around 1986 and he liked everything else I played but when I put on the  Smiths he said that Morrissey couldn't sing and told me to turn it off.  Not everyone likes the same thing.  Which is a good thing.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2013, 10:40:47 am »
i like people that get mad at stuff . . . then do nothing about it.  slaves are slaves everyday.