Author Topic: Two-4-One Tickets  (Read 17218 times)

Samantha

Re: Two-4-One Tickets
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 11:36:00 am »
that sounds sketch

JoanArkham

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:00 am »
Argh, I did mail as well! On hold now...

mbg73

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:00 am »
So what if we've already ordered the tickets, but didn't choose will call?

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  that sounds sketch
it really does.
 i just bought one ticket for EODM

so if something happens - i show up and my second ticket isn't there, i'll just sell it i suppose... and be extremely annoyed.
nothx

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 11:41:00 am »
I'd like to mention how it's fucking bullshit there is a $4 service charge for picking up your tickets at will call. What a joke.

danicc703

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
the guy at tickets.com i talked to specifically said will call, but also said to print out your confirmation email which shows the date/time you purchased (so there's proof you bought during time/date the special offer was going on).

hopefully this will work or there is going to be a lot of pissed off people.

Arthwys

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

Originally posted by Samantha:
  that sounds sketch
it really does.
 i just bought one ticket for EODM

so if something happens - i show up and my second ticket isn't there, i'll just sell it i suppose... and be extremely annoyed. [/b]
I too just bought 1 EODM ticket, though I'm going for the Duke Spirit.  When I noticed that I wasn't being given any free ticket immediately, I checked this board and chose will call accordingly.
Emrys

lagas

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
I called tickets.com and they told me that I will get the free ticket regardless if I choose will call or mail.
zorra

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by Thousand Made-Up Loves:
  I'd like to mention how it's fucking bullshit there is a $4 service charge for picking up your tickets at will call. What a joke.
you do realize that it costs money to process a ticket order whether it's mailed out or not, to pay for someone to answer the phone when there is a ordering issue, and tickets.com is a for profit business..
T.Rex

Samantha

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 11:52:00 am »
so quick question for purchasing of a ticket in 10 minutes to take advantage of this...which tickets would be best to try to get into a man's pants with?

this deal doesn't work that well for me as I always go to shows alone

kaimone

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 11:53:00 am »
I also just got off of the phone with tickets.com.  Both mail and will call will receive the free ticket.

shoelaces22

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 11:53:00 am »
I originally took it to be "buy one ticket for a show, get another ticket for another show free."  From what I'm reading (and seeing in my shopping cart), it seems like it's "buy one ticket for a show, get another ticket for the same show free."  Is the second interpretation the only correct one?

Gumbrinus

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 11:55:00 am »
This is a great promotion, but clearly not done w/ the best execution as it has created tons of confusion.  Glad these boards are here to sort it out.  I'm optimistic it will all come out in the wash.  But then again, I'm feeling awful damn  optimistic about the future today :-)

sirzooass

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 11:55:00 am »
Tickets.com just told me to buy one ticket and they would know based on the time I purchased to give me a free ticket (of course the receipt doesn't even have the time purchased!) at the box office. After reading the posts here about requiring will call, I called back again because I had selected to have my ticket mailed to me. This time, the guy put me on hold, and said that selecting will call was not a requirement, and that they the extra ticket would be mailed to me. Who knows what's going to happen. What a half baked promotion! Get it together 9:30!!!

Pepote Rouge

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 11:56:00 am »
Also called and told it didn't matter if tickets were will call or mailed.