Author Topic: 9:30 virgin wants to see two shows  (Read 3244 times)

dcdc18

9:30 virgin wants to see two shows
« on: October 05, 2003, 12:44:00 pm »
question,  i'm new to the dc area and i've never been to the 9:30 club.  if i want to see both the guster and the cypress hill concert, do you need to buy two separate tickets or can you just hang around...i'm assuming you can't but was wondering anyway...thanks

markie

Re: 9:30 virgin wants to see two shows
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 01:17:00 pm »
Hello.

You will need two tickets.

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 01:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by dcdc18:
 [QB]   if i want to see both the guster and the cypress hill concert, do you need to buy two separate tickets or can you just hang around...

what do you think the 9.30 club is................?

the cinema............

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 02:31:00 pm »
Wow, you are new, aren't you? They aren't even the same night. LOL. That would be a long wait between shows.

I would presume that you are 1) very young and 2) that you are from the Sticks.    :D   The ONLY time that you don't need another ticket is when more than one band is playing the very same show on the same night. BUT, beware, sometimes there are two shows on the same night, which you would need a ticket for each show. It's pretty obvious by reading the front page.

Warning: Don't trust anyone that you meet with a British accent. They like pulling legs and taking the piss.    :D     :D

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 03:12:00 pm »
they are on the same night, and you will need a ticket for each show.  we clear the house after the early show and then open up again for the late show.

paige

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 03:38:00 pm »
Aww yay, a newbie  :)  Welcome to DC! Don't be scared by all of the Anglos on this board.... they like to bother everyone because they have nothing better to do.

mankie

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 11:04:00 am »
Welcome to the board....yanks lie like dogs. Us Brits are the salt of the earth so don't believe a word they say. There is one though, markie/pariah/the scientist, who's a bit of a twat, but the rest of us are nice. Oh, there is a jocko on here too, poorlulu, never trust a native of a country were the men wear skirts. Then there's bungle bud...don't know him too well but he's a friend of markies so watch out for him, probably just as bad. Then there's me. I'm brilliant!   :D

Sir HC

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 02:12:00 pm »
Yanks?  You be in the south there boy.  Remember, the Mason-Dixon line (aka the Maryland-Pennsylvania border) is the switch between the north (Yanks) and the south.

Bags

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 02:53:00 pm »
Except that abroad, and especially among the Brits and their various colonies (or former colonies), they refer to all Americans as Yanks.

Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Yanks?  You be in the south there boy.  Remember, the Mason-Dixon line (aka the Maryland-Pennsylvania border) is the switch between the north (Yanks) and the south.

Jaguär

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 04:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
Except that when we Marylanders go to Virginia, or parts south, we are considered Yanks. It's kind of like having one White parent and one Black parent. We belong to both yet are excepted by neither. Though when we travel abroad, it's all pretty equal. Nobody wants us.....unless we have lots of money that we are willing to part with.

Now who would ever think that this board would be so educational?   :D

mankie

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 04:21:00 pm »
...and for the record, when a Brit refers to a yank as, well, a yank! It's not a derogatory statement...well unless we put "fucking" before or "bastard" after it that is!
 It's just like you lot calling us Brits.

Jaguär

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 05:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  ...and for the record, when a Brit refers to a yank as, well, a yank! It's not a derogatory statement...well unless we put "fucking" before or "bastard" after it that is!
 It's just like you lot calling us Brits.
That's true. It's all in the delivery.   ;)