Author Topic: Hating Radiohead is the hipster's dirty little secret  (Read 7181 times)

MaLo

Re: Hating Radiohead is the hipster's dirty little secret
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2003, 04:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  in the whole kids getting freaked out by Radiohead theme ....
you ever see the south park where cartman is trying to get back at the school bully so he gets radiohead to come play at the school and then cartman killed the bully's parents, chopped them up, and fed them to him at the radiohead show

i remember being very disturbed after that...

mankie

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2003, 04:29:00 pm »
I don't "HATE" Radiohead...I just don't understand what all the hoop-la is about. I saw them at 930 a while ago and really enjoyed the show, but it's not something I feel I have to experience again before I die if you know what I mean.

SPARX

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2003, 04:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  I don't "HATE" Radiohead...I just don't understand what all the hoop-la is about. I saw them at 930 a while ago and really enjoyed the show, but it's not something I feel I have to experience again before I die if you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean,and agree wholeheartedly,but then again,I'm old.
   ;)    :roll:  Beatles of our time,come on now.

markie

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2003, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  I don't "HATE" Radiohead
Aye, but your not a hipster.......

Oh and Radiohead are the ELO or genesis of our time.

PR_GMR

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2003, 04:40:00 pm »
Beatles of our time,come on now.
Yeah, I do come on!   :(

PR_GMR

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2003, 04:41:00 pm »
Oh and Radiohead are the ELO or genesis of our time.
LMAO!!!!!   :D

SPARX

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by PR_GMR:

Beatles of our time,come on now.
Yeah, I do come on!    :D  

I make the statement based on the contemporary relevance of both bands to the time periods in which they made their music.

[/b]
Wasn't picking on you,but where's the mass hysteria,#1 songs,copycat acts galore,etc. etc.This generations Pink Floyd maybe.But for the record,never was all that much of a beatles fan, but their popularity and influence on their contemporaries has never been parallelled since.

markie

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2003, 04:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
  This generations Pink Floyd maybe.
Is OK computer going to be as highly regarded in 20+ years as Dark side of the Moon is now? Wasnt Dark side on the American charts for years?

samanthaalison

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2003, 04:52:00 pm »
I like them. I think they're talented and at time, original. They've done a lot for their genre.

People who don't like music for the sole fact that it "doesn't have a hook" are dumb.

SPARX

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2003, 04:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Pariah:

Is OK computer going to be as highly regarded in 20+ years as Dark side of the Moon is now?                                                                                                                                                  Wasn't Dark side on the American charts for years?[/b]
No & yes

Mobius

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2003, 04:55:00 pm »
So are NYC hipsters now focused on bands like the Strokes and White Stripes or is it now hip to like J. Timberlake, hip-hop and to dance like Wade Robson?

redsock

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2003, 12:50:00 am »
Originally posted by Mobius:
  So are NYC hipsters now focused on bands like the Strokes and White Stripes or is it now hip to like J. Timberlake, hip-hop and to dance like Wade Robson?
In no place, here NY or even Paris, where everyone is gay, is it either hip or ok to dance like Wade Robson.

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2003, 08:09:00 am »
Originally posted by The Pariah:

Is OK computer going to be as highly regarded in 20+ years as Dark side of the Moon is now? Wasnt Dark side on the American charts for years? [/b]
We live in a different time now, and while no, OK Computer wont be on the charts for as long...you will never see DSOTM ranked higher on anyones list of all-time best albums.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2003, 10:32:00 am »
Originally posted by redsock:
  In no place, here NY or even Paris, where everyone is gay, is it either hip or ok to dance like Wade Robson.
anyone see the snl last week with jack black?  they did a wade robson sketch. . .

i think dark side of the moon was on the top 200 charts for like 15 years. . .radiohead is not a new version of elo, but maybe an early genesis, when peter gabriel dressed up in all sorts of fancy outfits.
OU812

mankie

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2003, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by redsock:
anyone see the snl last week with jack black?  they did a wade robson sketch. . .

i think dark side of the moon was on the top 200 charts for like 15 years. . .radiohead is not a new version of elo, but maybe an early genesis, when peter gabriel dressed up in all sorts of fancy outfits. [/b]
RADIOHEAD IS THE NEW "WIZARD"!!! THOM YORK IS ROY WOOD