Author Topic: ACDC Roll Call  (Read 16354 times)

wml7

Re: ACDC Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 10:54:00 am »
Just put up some more vids this morning from the show.

El Jefe Design

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 11:53:00 am »
So I was driving by the Verizon Center on Saturday night and was wondering what was going on. As we are waiting, stuck in traffic, what do I see? About 20 kids running after an older man and punching him in the face. Hard. Not a cop to be seen.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »
money talks?

i'll be at tonight's show in philadelphia.  really, really excited about this one.  dammit, still need to be productive for 6 hours.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »
Anyone know how to download in youtube video in the HIGHEST QUALITY possible? I really need to download this one I found of the DC show but the quality just seems a bit less than what I'm watching in YOUTUBE in high quality... not like that much less but still just a bit noticeable... any suggestions much appreciated..

wml7

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Jefe Design:
  So I was driving by the Verizon Center on Saturday night and was wondering what was going on. As we are waiting, stuck in traffic, what do I see? About 20 kids running after an older man and punching him in the face. Hard. Not a cop to be seen.
There were cops galore at the Verizon center that night.  Wonder how they didn't notice.  I would have ran over those guys.

wml7

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by wml7:

There were cops galore at the Verizon center that night.  Wonder how they didn't notice.  I would have ran over those guys. [/b]
All videos that get uploaded to youtube the quality is diminished from the orginal.  I see this with all my videos as they great when I watch them but after uploading they are all pixilated and grainy.  Don't know what to tell you but get the orginal copy.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »
 All videos that get uploaded to youtube the quality is diminished from the orginal.
yup, transcoding to a lower resolution is done in order to limit how much data youtube has to broadcast when it serves the content.  people upload vids in all sorts of uncompressed, inefficient, etc encodings.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »

There were cops galore at the Verizon center that night.  Wonder how they didn't notice.  I would have ran over those guys. [/b]
All videos that get uploaded to youtube the quality is diminished from the orginal.  I see this with all my videos as they great when I watch them but after uploading they are all pixilated and grainy.  Don't know what to tell you but get the orginal copy. [/b]
well all i was asking was how to download the vidoes on youtube in AS GOOD quality as they are on youtube when you click to watch in "HIGH QUALITY"..not getting into whether youtube sucks..by the way youtube is a lot better now than it was before as many videos are no watchable in higher quality

of course i'd rather have the original! But i'm not too sure the person who took the video is going to write me back much less give me the vidoes!

anyways, the answer is: if you want the videos in as high quality as youtube at its best then you need to use real player.. i tried keepvid and i tried gearmonkey and in both cases (one in flv format and the other in mp4 format) it was noticeably worse but with realplayer i now have a copy as good (whatever that means and in this case it means a lot as i have video of angus rocking out my woman during let it be rock guitar solo) as whats on youtube..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »
anyone think it's funny that the band chooses to end its show with "those about to rock"?  if you're an hour and a half into an AC/DC show and you're about to rock, methinks something has gone horribly wrong.

only thing that comes to mind: the cannons.  when those babies go off, Those About To Rock typically join the ranks of Those Who Have Gone Deaf  :p
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
do people about to rock, only buy their music from walmart?

hutch

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  do people about to rock, only buy their music from walmart?
I guess so if they are too stupid to know the band sell it through their website.

wml7

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »
Finally uploaded all my vids from the show that night.  I even got the one that is 10 mins and 1 second up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0KflbU3nIs

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  anyone think it's funny that the band chooses to end its show with "those about to rock"?  if you're an hour and a half into an AC/DC show and you're about to rock, methinks something has gone horribly wrong.

only thing that comes to mind: the cannons.  when those babies go off, Those About To Rock typically join the ranks of Those Who Have Gone Deaf   :p  
Heh, those things were freakin' loud!  I thought it was going to be some cheesy effect, not actual explosions with recoil and everything.

As for the kids punching a guy in the face... there were cops everywhere Saturday night, I don't know how that could have gone unnoticed... but I too would've pointed my car straight at them and run over those mofos.
_\|/_

saintangelsin

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2008, 11:54:00 pm »
To those who posted clips, thank you! I wish I could've gone to this show, but getting tickets were impossible.

Does anyone know or remember the entire set list? From what I can tell from watching clips, it looks like it was one hell of a good night of songs.

On a final note, I wonder what the chances are of Seth getting AC/DC to headline one of the nights of Virgin Festival. I know, it's silly, but it's nice wishful thinking!

wml7

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 12:10:00 am »
Rock N' Roll Train
 Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be
 Back In Black
 Big Jack
 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
 Thunderstruck
 Black Ice
 The Jack
 Hells Bells