Author Topic: The Pogues coming to "Washington D.C."  (Read 12997 times)

terry

Re: The Pogues coming to "Washington D.C."
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 04:34:00 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. There's an internet pre-sale on Monday, December 17th via their web site.

amnesiac

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »
Unfortunate that the DC date is on a Sunday. Looks like I'll be calling in sick on Monday...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »
just got my tickets...thanks everyone for the heads up on the pre-sale.

terry

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
I just got mine too. Although I was surprised at the price: $55+. Was it that much the last time they played 9:30?

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »
Wow, $55. Too costly for my blood. And I don't have time to bother with recouping the cost by buying and selling extras.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
If the Police and Madonna are getting $200 plus, then the Pogues must be worth a G at least.

I'm seriously thinking about coming up for that show....I can always get tickets on the day if I pay enough, and there's no hope they'll come to FL.

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 04:58:00 pm »
Um, neither the Police nor the Madonna are worth anywhere near $200. So your scale is off.

Originally posted by Brain Walrus:
  If the Police and Madonna are getting $200 plus, then the Pogues must be worth a G at least.

I'm seriously thinking about coming up for that show....I can always get tickets on the day if I pay enough, and there's no hope they'll come to FL.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Um, neither the Police nor the Madonna are worth anywhere near $200. So your scale is off.

Originally posted by Brain Walrus:

[/b]
I agree, but that's what they were getting...

alex

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
They were $50 last time...and went pretty fast.

kurtzu2

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 09:45:00 am »
SO there is nothing on this website about when the general public will get a chance to buy Pogues tickets for the 3/9 concert.  sadly, i missed the presale for DC.  any idea when tickets will go on sale for the unfortunate people like me?  i think i am going to scarf up some Baltimore tickets just in case.

conorh98

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 09:48:00 am »
Originally posted by kurtzu2:
  SO there is nothing on this website about when the general public will get a chance to buy Pogues tickets for the 3/9 concert.  sadly, i missed the presale for DC.  any idea when tickets will go on sale for the unfortunate people like me?  i think i am going to scarf up some Baltimore tickets just in case.
I thought I read it would be Thursday, but I may be wrong. Good luck, should be a great show.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 09:49:00 am »
Uh...have you been on The Pogues site?

kurtzu2

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
tickets.com comes back with nothing when you enter "pogues" or "the pogues."  ticketmaster is only showing the 2 shows in NYC for the Pogues.  weird.

kurtzu2

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 09:59:00 am »
yes, i have been on their website (which is how i found out that i had missed the presale).  it says that tickets go on sale tomorrow, with a link to the sale "to be announced."  absent a desire to create a feeding frenzy, one would think that providing more than 24 hours notice for announcing a show and putting the tickets on sale would be de rigueur in this business.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 09:59:00 am »
check tickets.com after 6 pm. Since the general on sale date is tomorrow, it will definitely be on tickets.com tonight.

tickets.com comes back with nothing when you enter "pogues" or "the pogues."  ticketmaster is only showing the 2 shows in NYC for the Pogues.  weird.
(_|_)