Author Topic: Ash  (Read 19679 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: Ash
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
ok, why I don't like Manny&&Olga's  :)

1) they ignore you for an hour before they'll help you
 2) their pizzas are made so the cheese doesn't adhere to the bread!  So with the first bite you always end up with molten pizza clinging to your chin like napalm.

Originally posted by ReddAj:

Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
 ps - Manny and Olga's sucks!
I like Manny and Olgas!!!   :)   I like Ash's older stuff better and Bravery's music made me interested in their live show. [/b]
_\|/_

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2005, 09:44:00 pm »
According to info posted on the Ash forum these are the dates Ash are headling, and based on the clubs curfew they do a 45 to 60 minute set when in the middle.

Houston
 San Antonio
 Dallas
 Phoenix
 San Diego
 LA (Sat only)
 Vancouver
 Seattle
 Salt Lake City
 Denver
 Minneapolis
 Chicago
 Detroit
 Cleveland
 Toronto
 New York (Mon only)
T.Rex

Bartelby

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2005, 11:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
 [QB] ok, why I don't like Manny&&Olga's   :)  

1) they ignore you for an hour before they'll help you
 2) their pizzas are made so the cheese doesn't adhere to the bread!  So with the first bite you always end up with molten pizza clinging to your chin like napalm.

Now we'll be able to recognize you even when we haven't all met; you're the guy with the bad burn scar on his chin....liked the moonscapes too...any new info. on Borf?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2005, 10:18:00 am »
I burned my whole face off!

I saw a great Borf on an electrical junction box, but after shooting pictures of bridges I was afraid to point my camera at it lest I be deemed a suspicious individual....
_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  According to info posted on the Ash forum these are the dates Ash are headling, and based on the clubs curfew they do a 45 to 60 minute set when in the middle.

San Diego
 LA (Sat only)
 Vancouver

Thank you Kosmo.  That's what I suspected.  I'll be selling my SF tickets.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2005, 02:25:00 pm »
As a followup the switch is being made where the Bravery is getting airplay and the set lengths for both bands are determined by clubs curfew, not necessarily by order.  whatever...
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
That club curfew issue seems like bullshit.  Can't they go on 20 minutes, half hour earlier and play a full set?  They easily could have gotten on stage at Black Cat before 10:00 p.m. and played for an hour and 15 minutes....  And how many clubs really have curfews (outside of the last call curfew, which can't be much before 1:00 a.m. nearly everywhere...Leaves a lot of time for longer sets).

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2005, 02:36:00 pm »
i haven't seen a setlist for dc, but based on what i recall it was two song shorter than the one in Philly. In DC it might have been a 50 minute show, not really sure how with two songs it could have stretched to 75 minutes.

This is from the TLA show in Philly

Meltdown
 Girl From Mars
 Evil Eye
 Clones
 Shining Light
 Renegade Cavalcade
 Detonator
 Goldfinger
 Starcrossed
 Kung Fu
 Vampire Love
 Walking Barefoot
 Orpheus

Encore:
 A Life Less Ordinary
 Burn Baby Burn
T.Rex

Jaguär

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2005, 03:44:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  As a followup the switch is being made where the Bravery is getting airplay and the set lengths for both bands are determined by clubs curfew, not necessarily by order.  whatever...
So, what about the markets that get no airplay from either band, like DC/Baltimore/NOVA?

Of course, I don't listen to local radio anymore so don't really know who all is being ignored other than almost anyone that I'd like to hear.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2005, 09:25:00 am »
The switch in DC probably had more to do with the fact the Bravery already had a show scheduled on the Backstage which was cancelled when they were added to the Ash tour.  That and band has roots in the area... Still doesn't make it right and maybe they are getting airplay...
T.Rex

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2005, 02:37:00 pm »
dork alert:  one of ash's songs is the "theme song" for the new star wars: republic commando xbox game.  there is a video in the extras menu.

vansmack

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  dork alert:  one of ash's songs is the "theme song" for the new star wars: republic commando xbox game.  there is a video in the extras menu.
Nothing dorky about it.  I think it's great!
27>34

brennser

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2005, 01:43:00 pm »
currently languishing in last place in the yahoo favorite irish band click poll, the corrs, yeuch

http://launch.yahoo.com/promotions/digitdisit/default.asp