Author Topic: Lemonheads  (Read 2032 times)

mkf3

Lemonheads
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:44:00 pm »
What are the odds the lemonheads dec 19 show at the black cat will sell out?/Should I buy tickets in advance?

Re: Lemonheads
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »
Yes- if I actually recognize the name of a band that is playing the black cat you need to buy tickets ahead of time.
xoxo

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »
i wonder if evan took some of them there magically mushrooms, and played his guitar backwards for the whole show, if he could pull off a great show?

other than that, are the lemonheads even worth seeing, post reunite?  i've pondered that for a while.

i can't believe that brian is dupek.  you leaky sneak.

jetelo

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 01:46:00 am »
I have seen them at the Black Cat and Iota 4 times in the past 4 years, and each one was awesome.  He is a great performer.  To each his/her own.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 02:31:00 am »
I've never been to a show on my birthday. This could be a fun one.
احمد

tigersscareme

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:00 am »
has anyone seen them recently? do they play old old creator/hate your friends stuff or is it all 'it's a shame' onwards?

i love 'it's a shame about ray', it's probably one of my favorite records ever, but i sure wouldn't hate seeing them play 'rat velvet'.
 i saw them in 1994. it was an ok show, but i remember more about the archers of loaf opening and the walking around philly in torrential rain and driving home with pruney feet.

dfmcpete

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 11:07:00 am »
No really old stuff last year, except "hate your friends"--this was the set list:

Black Gown
 Down About It
 Confetti
 Tenderfoot
 Pittsburgh
 Poughkeepsie
 Turnpike Down
 Bit Part
 Allison's Starting to Happen
 Great Big No
 Ray
 Hospital
 Ride With Me
 Baby I'm Home
 It's About Time
 No Backbone
 Into Your Arms
 My Drug Buddy
 Let's Just Laugh
 Style
 Hate Your Friends

Kick Out the Jams
 Skulls
 Being Around
 Outdoor Type

Luka
 If I Could Talk
 Rudderless

----
 which makes me want to see him again, remembering it. Plus, according to the posters he's touring with alvarez and stevenson, who really made the latest record sound great, but did not tour.

I don't think it sold out last year, and I would doubt it would sell out this year.

jetelo

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:25:00 am »
Big crowd last time, but no sell out.  I bought at the door.  You never know what you'll get with Evan Dando, but the last few years he has been different, like he is having fun again.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 11:40:00 am »
Originally posted by tigers scare me:
  i saw them in 1994. it was an ok show, but i remember more about the archers of loaf opening and the walking around philly in torrential rain and driving home with pruney feet.
"My dad used to come here when it was a strip club."

Brian

Driveway

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
Evan shows are really hit or miss.  He has been great though lately.  I wish they played more new songs, but it's cool.