Author Topic: eating capacity  (Read 2744 times)

Celeste

eating capacity
« on: February 16, 2004, 07:26:00 pm »
has anyone out there ever eaten a whole pizza themselves? or sixty dollars worth of maki? how about a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting or a box of those girl scout Samoa cookies in 2 days? just curious about others' glorious experiences in pigging out...

paige

Re: eating capacity
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 07:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Ball Lover:
   a box of those girl scout Samoa cookies in 2 days? just curious about others' glorious experiences in pigging out...
oh my god, i have done that on more than one occassion.. i think they put crack in the samoas and thin mints... and the tagalongs... mmm i can't wait for girl scout cookie season!!!

Celeste

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 08:32:00 pm »
I was at a real-estate open house over the weekend and they had boxes of them stocked in the basement...I was soooo tempted to lift one of them! I didn't though...bad karma and all...those Samoas especially are addictive!

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 09:18:00 pm »
:roll:   Way too many of those moments.

Another fave is chocolate covered pretzels, especially the dark chocolate covered ones.

And steamed shrimp.

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
When I just got out of college we would go for 6 hour mountain bike rides (no real job so we had plenty of free time).  We were poor too, so we would go to a pizza place on Route 40 that had large pizzas for $4.  Each of us would get one, and eat it in.  So much fun to do.  Once some guy wanted to buy a slice for a quarter and I said "No I am eating it all".  The look on his face was worth it.

Since then the best I can do is the all you can eat prime rib at the local beer house.  6 is my personal best.

eltee

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 12:54:00 pm »
  has anyone out there ever eaten a whole pizza themselves? how about a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting or a box of those girl scout Samoa cookies in 2 days? just curious about others' glorious experiences in pigging out...
um, I can eat a small Domino's pizza...a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting...I "don't get" people who can have one small bite and put it away. Or, those who eat one M&M and close the bag....I cannot buy girl scout cookies anymore b/c I eat way too many of them at once...I eat a bag of Hershey's minitures in about two days...Apprarently, I'm an empty vessel...

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 12:58:00 pm »
Do we have a bunch of fat people on this board, or just people with really high metabolisms? I know I dare not pig out on anything, the pounds would glob onto me and never go away.

Celeste

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  Do we have a bunch of fat people on this board, or just people with really high metabolisms? I know I dare not pig out on anything, the pounds would glob onto me and never go away.
what about your 5-bowl-a-day cereal habit?

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »
I can eat a whole hair pie in one sitting.

Sir HC

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 04:13:00 pm »
Well as I said I would eat that much after 6 hours of vigorous exercise.  I have slowed down in recent years.  Sometimes too that would be the meal for the day, if you forget to eat breakfast and lunch, dinner will sometimes be bigger.

Or to quote Homer "I found a meal between breakfast and brunch"

Medusa

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 04:41:00 pm »
  has anyone out there ever eaten a whole pizza themselves? or sixty dollars worth of maki? how about a pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting or a box of those girl scout Samoa cookies in 2 days? just curious about others' glorious experiences in pigging out...
Godiva, Pizza Hut, Haribo (makers of gummi bears), Van Melle (makers of Mentos!) and the city of New Orleans (land of beignets and other delicious specialities) are indebted to me.  If my money isn't going to CD's and glitter, well, you now know where it *is* going (i.e., not to any "real" food!). (laugh)  ;)

And re: > i think they put crack in the samoas and thin mints...

No wonder they are so popular.  ;)

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

grotty

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »
I worked @ Congressional Plaza in Rockville and those little sirens used to put up a table outside there selling those cookies. During season - I regularly ate a box of the Somoas as my lunch or dinner. Usually I ended up wondering why they didn't put a few more in the box.

I'm with El Tee - When the nieces come selling cookies - I pay for them & tell them just to donate them to charity or eat them. Discipline Baby!

eltee

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 05:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

Well as I said I would eat that much after 6 hours of vigorous exercise.  I have slowed down in recent years.  Sometimes too that would be the meal for the day, if you forget to eat breakfast and lunch, dinner will sometimes be bigger.

Or to quote Homer "I found a meal between breakfast and brunch" [/b]
I'm the same..either I simply don't buy certain items by discipline, or make a pint of Ben and Jerry's my dinner. Nowadays I can't eat a whole Domino's pizza. In regards to ice cream or chocolate, can't handle the sugar buzz so much anymore. I had to give up McDonald's milkshakes for that reason...and I finished them in two secs...I used to give money to girl scouts and not order cookies, but now people in my office and personal life are competing for orders! Co-workers actually get mad or are offended if you don't order from them.

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 06:03:00 pm »
Friendly's was my worst place in high school.  5 scoop sunday or their Fribble shakes.  mmmm, too much food!