Author Topic: With a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weathe  (Read 1998 times)

Random Citizen

With a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weathe
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:05:00 am »
Yikes...listening to NPR and reading online about all the flooding happening in the DC area. Hope everyone's OK!

It makes the 100 degree temperature predicted for today in Portland seem not so bad.

Re: With a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weathe
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 09:16:00 am »
My sump pump went on the fritz.  And I can't get a plumber until tomorrow.  I get to bail the water out of teh hole by hand.  While bailing the hole I found a bottle of hand lotion and a little white doggie.  Should I be concerned?

ratioci nation

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Random Citizen PDX:

It makes the 100 degree temperature predicted for today in Portland seem not so bad.
I think I'd prefer a little flooding

Random Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 10:01:00 am »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  I think I'd prefer a little flooding
The idea of navigating through mudslides (!!) and a partially closed Metro system isn't appealing to me.  Besides, the temperatures are supposed to go back down to the 80s tomorrow. Surprisingly, the duplex where I live doesn't have AC, but has remained quite cool over the weekend.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:00 am »
Originally posted by V.Vishnu A.Harry Chestwig:
  My sump pump went on the fritz.  And I can't get a plumber until tomorrow.  I get to bail the water out of teh hole by hand.  While bailing the hole I found a bottle of hand lotion and a little white doggie.  Should I be concerned?
nah, i doubt they'll catch you after all this time!!!!

ratioci nation

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 10:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Random Citizen PDX:
  The idea of navigating through mudslides (!!) and a partially closed Metro system isn't appealing to me.  Besides, the temperatures are supposed to go back down to the 80s tomorrow. Surprisingly, the duplex where I live doesn't have AC, but has remained quite cool over the weekend.
i think i would prefer mudslides   ;)  REALLY dont like the heat, no AC eiter, although it certainly doesnt feel as bad as a DC heatwave

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 10:30:00 am »
Originally posted by V.Vishnu A.Harry Chestwig:
"Fredricka Bimmel,was she a big girl?"

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »
We figured we'd drive in to work today since we're going to the Calexico show tonight. Normally, I can drive in in 90 mins, and Metro takes a little less. Today it took 4+ hours.

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dr. Jonas Sulk:

"Fredricka Bimmel,was she a big girl?" [/b]
"Hey wait a minute, wasn't she a great big fat person?"