Author Topic: Killing the Music  (Read 3474 times)

Bags

Re: Killing the Music
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 01:06:00 pm »
Had no clue Dupek was a Baltimorean (is that what they are?).  His age shouldn't matter, though...he's obviously comfortable using the internet!

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2004, 01:15:00 pm »
Just figured most guys with kids in their 40's who live in Baltimore are too busy having real lives to care about what band is playing DC9.

Originally posted by Bags:
  Had no clue Dupek was a Baltimorean (is that what they are?).  His age shouldn't matter, though...he's obviously comfortable using the internet!

Bags

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
The Post site has reams of information about activities with kids, museum openings and closings, restaurants for any kind of event, movie showtimes, camping and adventure seeking, real estate issues, local and national politics, the full panoply of shows and concerts (which you would think someone on the 9:309 Club Board would have some interest in...), television, day trips, local trends.  

Hmmm, a lot more than the DC9 schedule.  Such a reductionist view of both what's available and what folks here on this board are interested in.

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
i know i dont speak for ALL Baltimoreans (yes, thats right) but i dont give a RATS ASS about the "goings on" in DC.  in fact, i cant stand DC.

But they have the best concert venue (930) and a hockey team, so i go there every so often. but i dont need the post to tell me when the shows are, thats what you guys are for.

anyway, who cares what i think, most of my Bmore friends have to be dragged to DC though.

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2004, 01:35:00 pm »
  reams of information
wow! reams?  it must keep you busy for HOURS!!! hahahaha.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2004, 01:37:00 pm »
They should hire your to do PR.

By the way, since you are so Post savvy, perhaps you could tell me why their movie critic Desson Howe changes his name to Desson Thompson?

The Post site has reams of information about activities with kids, museum openings and closings, restaurants for any kind of event, movie showtimes, camping and adventure seeking, real estate issues, local and national politics, the full panoply of shows and concerts (which you would think someone on the 9:309 Club Board would have some interest in...), television, day trips, local trends.  

Hmmm, a lot more than the DC9 schedule.  Such a reductionist view of both what's available and what folks here on this board are interested in.

Bags

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2004, 01:44:00 pm »
There's another journalist named Desson Howe, hence the name change.  Why now, I have no idea...you'd think the Post's Howe would be the older Howe.

ggw

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2004, 01:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  i know i dont speak for ALL Baltimoreans (yes, thats right)
I thought "Baltimorons" was the proper term?

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2004, 01:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

i know i dont speak for ALL Baltimoreans (yes, thats right)
I thought "Baltimorons" was the proper term? [/b]
there you go thinking again.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2004, 01:50:00 pm »
I've lived in both Baltimore and DC, and noticed the animosity only runs one way. Baltimoreans hate DC. DC people don't even know Baltimore exists.

i know i dont speak for ALL Baltimoreans (yes, thats right) but i dont give a RATS ASS about the "goings on" in DC.  in fact, i cant stand DC.

But they have the best concert venue (930) and a hockey team, so i go there every so often. but i dont need the post to tell me when the shows are, thats what you guys are for.

anyway, who cares what i think, most of my Bmore friends have to be dragged to DC though.

Bags

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2004, 01:56:00 pm »
Oooh my, did not mean to start a turf war.  I had no idea Dupek wasn't in DC, that's all.  If you're in DC, the Post is hugely helpful and illuminating; if you're in Baltimore, why would you give a crap.

Okay, now let's all gang up on Don Henley again!

ratioci nation

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  By the way, since you are so Post savvy, perhaps you could tell me why their movie critic Desson Howe changes his name to Desson Thompson?

I actually heard that he found his real parents or something and changed his name to theirs.

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2004, 02:06:00 pm »
  The Post site has reams of information and what folks here on this board are interested in.
Then I'm just like George W.Bush in that we both don't read newspapers.