Author Topic: Wilco 2/26 and 2/27 9:30  (Read 42007 times)

freakoretardo

Re: Wilco 2/26 and 2/27 9:30
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 12:05:00 pm »
In all seriousness, can there please be a 9:30 presale of some sort? How about an "in person" presale for the locals.

I like my awesome presale idea.

Smylie

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 05:37:00 pm »
Any sort of presale would be awesome.  I just fear scalpers getting all these tickets  :(

reggie

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 06:51:00 pm »
correct me if i'm wrong, but if you do the music today presale isn't it will call only? thus making it tough for scalpers since they have no hard tickets...

Smylie

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 08:35:00 pm »
I could be wrong, but normally wilco presales are a very limited number of tickets.  So even if that is the case, most tickets will be out there via normal sale.  I seem to remember major scalping issues one time before with wilco here

yohansen5b

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 12:57:00 am »
the last time wilco played 930 - october 2006, to be exact - there was uber problems getting tickets.  the fans, such as myself, who tried to buy tickets at the door saw absolutely huge markups on the tickets.  if i remember correctly, face value was around $30.  people were forced into paying $100 or more.  

i'm hoping ticket karma pays off for the loyal fans who don't do this to other fans.

nkotb

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 01:03:00 am »
I always wonder who's going to these sold-out shows since the real fans almost never get tickets.

Originally posted by yohansen5b:
 the fans, such as myself, who tried to buy tickets at the door saw absolutely huge markups on the tickets.

yohansen5b

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2007, 07:56:00 pm »
i figured it was mainly jerks who knew than can get $70 bucks out of fans who would wait outside before the show in a desperate attempt for entry.  i'd bet most of them don't care about the band at all.  it's frustrating.

Originally posted by nkotb:
  I always wonder who's going to these sold-out shows since the real fans almost never get tickets.

the fans, such as myself, who tried to buy tickets at the door saw absolutely huge markups on the tickets.
[/b]

missingatlast

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 05:49:00 pm »
I love Wilco but the last time they came to 9:30 the show was so over sold it was a miserable experience. So miserable, my husband swore to never go to another Wilco show again. Did anyone else feel this way? Please don't over sell the show again!

ggw

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »
Wilco is the new DMB.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »
  i figured it was mainly jerks who knew than can get $70 bucks out of fans who would wait outside before the show in a desperate attempt for entry.  i'd bet most of them don't care about the band at all.  it's frustrating.

[/b]
[/b]
Then if these 'real fans' can't be arsed to go online and buy tickets when they go on sale then they fully deserve to get ripped off at the door.....not that I think it's being ripped off, it's simple economics 101.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 06:42:00 pm »
they do sell out in like 35 seconds, though
o/\o

yohansen5b

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 09:42:00 pm »
i was online within minutes of both the presale and the public sale and i STILL didn't get tickets.  

what bothers me are the people who buy extra tickets with full intention of reselling them at the door for astronomical markups.  this happened to me for the arcade fire show at DAR.  i found a guy on craigslist who sold me two tickets for much more than face value.  after i thanked him for the tickets, i said "sorry you can't make the show." he responded, "oh, i'm going.  when the show went on sale, me and a friend bought as many tickets as we could, figuring we could make a lot of money." charming.

Originally posted by Brain Walrus:

[/b]
[/b]
Then if these 'real fans' can't be arsed to go online and buy tickets when they go on sale then they fully deserve to get ripped off at the door.....not that I think it's being ripped off, it's simple economics 101. [/b]

bunnynutz

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 11:49:00 pm »
Don't buy from scalpers.  Ever.  

I bought 4 tickets to the New Orleans show on March 4.  I'll probably end up selling them at face value if anyone is interested.

I'm trying to find out why they haven't been delivered yet.

azaghal1981

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 12:47:00 am »
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't buy from the scalpers and they go away or reduce their prices once they realize their gamble was a bad one.

i was online within minutes of both the presale and the public sale and i STILL didn't get tickets.  

what bothers me are the people who buy extra tickets with full intention of reselling them at the door for astronomical markups.  this happened to me for the arcade fire show at DAR.  i found a guy on craigslist who sold me two tickets for much more than face value.  after i thanked him for the tickets, i said "sorry you can't make the show." he responded, "oh, i'm going.  when the show went on sale, me and a friend bought as many tickets as we could, figuring we could make a lot of money." charming.

Originally posted by Brain Walrus:

[/b]
[/b]
Then if these 'real fans' can't be arsed to go online and buy tickets when they go on sale then they fully deserve to get ripped off at the door.....not that I think it's being ripped off, it's simple economics 101. [/b]
[/b]
احمد

yohansen5b

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 01:52:00 am »
agreed.  i hate to buy from them and i try to get tickets at the original sale as much as possible.  however, shows like the arcade fire and wilco sell out quick.  sometimes the only option is to go to those selling what they have -- and i negotiate as much as possible.

the problem, of course, is someone out there is almost always willing to pay more than you are. consequently, scalpers will never go away.  at the very least, i hope ticket karma catches up to those capitalizing on actual fans.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  At the risk of sounding like an asshole, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Don't buy from the scalpers and they go away or reduce their prices once they realize their gamble was a bad one.