Author Topic: Sleater-Kinney breaks up!  (Read 3184 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Sleater-Kinney breaks up!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 04:37:00 pm »
Simple. That means it's not on sale yet. Maybe this Thursday. August is so far away...

Originally posted by UNTRAINED:

But the show doesn't appear on www.tickets.com or on the listing of concerts on the 9:30's home page.
(_|_)

andyrichter

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  I couldn't get into the Woods because of terrible production. Too much "bad" distortion and static noise in the background = unbearable and unlistenable.

Ha! That's why i loved that record so much.  Raw, and loud with the volume turned to 11.  Well that and the supreme songwriting awesomeness but hot damn did that record rock.

ggw

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

HOT ROCK is the best!

Sorry, you're wrong.[/b]
asshole! [/b]
Mingebag!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 04:44:00 pm »
If you want to hear a great raw sounding record, get PJ Harvey's RID OF ME  ;)

Originally posted by andyrichter:

I couldn't get into the Woods because of terrible production. Too much "bad" distortion and static noise in the background = unbearable and unlistenable.

Ha! That's why i loved that record so much.  Raw, and loud with the volume turned to 11.  Well that and the supreme songwriting awesomeness but hot damn did that record rock. [/b]
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 04:45:00 pm »
Buttmuncher.

HOT ROCK is the best!

Sorry, you're wrong.

1. Dig Me Out
 2. The Woods
 3. The Hot Rock
 4. One Beat
 5. All Hands on the Bad One
 6. Self Titled
 7. Call the Doctor [/b]
(_|_)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 04:56:00 pm »
call the doctor last

kooky talk
o/\o

Bags

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 05:01:00 pm »
 1. Dig Me Out
 2. The Woods
 3. The Hot Rock
 4. One Beat
 5. All Hands on the Bad One
 6. Self Titled
 7. Call the Doctor
I'd switch it out just a bit in the middle...Although I'd think The Woods would move to number one over time.  However, Dig Me Out is the album that introduced me to S-K, and sometimes that sort of connection keeps one album on the top of a personal list.

1. Dig Me Out
 2. The Woods
 3. One Beat
 4. All Hands on the Bad One
 5. The Hot Rock
 6. Self Titled
 7. Call the Doctor

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »
One Beat is actually my favorite.  I love the energy on that album.  This news is TERRIBLE.  They've been a favorite of mine for a long time, I never got to see them, and I'm not going to be here for the 9:30 show!  Terrible.  I'm starting to think that I need to go out and see everyone as soon as possible.  They are all breaking up.

MissFortune

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »
Son of a !!!  :mad:

BookerT

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 06:36:00 pm »
how can people like "dig me out" the best and "call the doctor" the least? it just doesn't make sense. i mean, "dig me out" is clearly the best, and is it that much stylistically different than "call the doctor"? i don't think so. and "call the doctor" has "i wanna be your joey ramone" which is one of the definitive s-k songs. so to ggw and bags, i say this -- whatever.

they had a good run and are leaving while still near the top of their game. good for them.

1. dig me out
 2. the hot rock (way underrated)
 3. call the doctor
 4. the woods (slightly overrated)
 5. one beat (pretty damn overrated)
 6. self-titled
 7. all hands on the bad one (flat out bad)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 06:49:00 pm »
One Beat has the two worst SK songs EVER (Prisstina and Oh!)

Originally posted by you be betty:
  One Beat is actually my favorite.  I love the energy on that album.  This news is TERRIBLE.  They've been a favorite of mine for a long time, I never got to see them, and I'm not going to be here for the 9:30 show!  Terrible.  I'm starting to think that I need to go out and see everyone as soon as possible.  They are all breaking up.
(_|_)

Darth Ed

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 07:56:00 pm »
But One Beat has "Sympathy," probably my favorite S-K song ever, so it gets bonus points as far as I'm concerned, and it has plenty of other solid songs.

Anyway, this news is very sad. S-K has been one of my favorite bands for years. I'm sorry to see them go. I hope they'll reunite somewhere down the road.

I just realized that this will make getting tickets for the 8/1 show much more difficult...

Bags

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 08:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
 I just realized that this will make getting tickets for the 8/1 show much more difficult...
Ssssshhhhhhhh!

Folks from out of town will probably be trying for tickets!!  Oh, I see a DCist hail storm a comin'.

ggw

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 12:02:00 pm »
It's kind of hard to rank them because I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch. I think my top three are absolutely brilliant, and the bottom four are all excellent with very little separating #4 from #7. I could have easily given the bottom albums a four-way tie.  Call the Doctor simply gets the least play.

Originally posted by BookerT:
  how can people like "dig me out" the best and "call the doctor" the least? it just doesn't make sense. i mean, "dig me out" is clearly the best, and is it that much stylistically different than "call the doctor"? i don't think so. and "call the doctor" has "i wanna be your joey ramone" which is one of the definitive s-k songs. so to ggw and bags, i say this -- whatever.

they had a good run and are leaving while still near the top of their game. good for them.

1. dig me out
 2. the hot rock (way underrated)
 3. call the doctor
 4. the woods (slightly overrated)
 5. one beat (pretty damn overrated)
 6. self-titled
 7. all hands on the bad one (flat out bad)

seventeen

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
omg I have to go to this show or I will seriously be sooo sad.. of course like every other show I want to go this one will sell out in the first minute and I will miss it..