Author Topic: How early should I be to get a good spot?  (Read 3361 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

How early should I be to get a good spot?
« on: December 23, 2007, 02:27:00 pm »
If i want to be in the front row, by the stage for a show, what time should i get to the club for a 7:30 doortime?

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: How early should I be to get a good spot?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »
it depends on who is playing, how rabid their fans are, and how packed the show is going to be.

PigIron

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »
Ain't a bad spot in the joint....unless all the fans are tall people.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:51:00 am »
I know what Gaaaaaaah is talking about though. The rail is nice to lean on when tired of standing.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
errr....before everyone else!

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 01:03:00 pm »
if it's not going to be a very crowded show, an hour before doors should probably be okay.  if it's sold out, try anywhere from 2-3 hours beforehand.  add more time in proportion to the insanity of the artist's fans...

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »
I don't totally understand the principle of "getting a good spot" in a standing club.  Unless you're willing to hug the stage for several hours and not move, if you get there early someone WILL get there after you and end up standing in front of you.
_\|/_

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »
Not to mention the pee factor. The earlier you get there, the longer you will have to stand in line which means the more likely you will have to hit the bathroom once you get inside. Add extra time if you are female considering it always takes at least a few minutes more to take care of business even without the primping factor. By the time all of that is taken care of, many of those people who were behind you and arrived later, possibly with emptier bladders, will have the front line advantage. Only way around that one is to work it as a team if you are going with another. One blocks out the spaces, if possible, while you each take turns peeing.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 07:27:00 pm »
What you should do is call the person who's going to be the second person in line, ask them what time they were getting there, and show up 5 minutes before that. The logic is untouchable, really.

Lambofgodfan

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »
an hour before the doortime is always safe...I've been in front row a couple times and its almost always been because I got there early... But its beeen a pain in the ass cus of the people shoving round and shit(especially since im there the for 4 hours)... So if your strong and durable you can worry bout getting to the show early but anything else I would just wait till door..And oh yeah if your planning on getting merch wait till after the show...and I always eat either 2-4 hours before the show I wudnt even bother thinking bout it after the show cause I'm usually tired and may have just enough energy for a shower...I hope this helps

anarchist

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »
do like most aholes.  get there late and force your way to the front.

El Jefe Design

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 10:37:00 am »
Just say, "Hey, my friend is up there" and elbow your way through. Or do what the ten year did at the Sonic Youth show I went to... crawl between peoples legs and pop up when you hit  the stage.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  do like most aholes.  get there late and force your way to the front.
That actually doesn't work if you try to force your way in front of people like me.....

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  I don't totally understand the principle of "getting a good spot" in a standing club.  Unless you're willing to hug the stage for several hours and not move, if you get there early someone WILL get there after you and end up standing in front of you.
you also dont understand what its like to be really short. and if you go with friends - most of them will hold your spot. ive never had a problem with that really in most clubs. on occasion, but i tell the person my friend is there and holding my spot. sometimes theyre irritated but let me through.

and if you have rabid fans, a lot of times they will _NOT_ let people who came later farther ahead. ive seen this at several interpol shows and other bands. when youve waited that long to be in front, there is no way someone who didnt wait will push their way in front of me. at least not with my friends. and if not - steel toed boots do come in handy.
HeyLa

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:

you also dont understand what its like to be really short. [/b]
Paging Rhett..please report to the thread STAT!