Author Topic: Issac Hayes & South Park  (Read 1885 times)

Issac Hayes & South Park
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:48:00 pm »
Matt Stone and Trey Parker - Late show w/ Letterman:  The South Park creators come on and talk about the show and why Issac Hayes quit as Chef.

Hayes didnâ??t return to voice the new episode, but thereâ??s widespread speculation that the mischievous Stone and Parker used creative editing of his voicing from past shows to fashion new dialogue.

Comedy Central on Tuesday began running promos of the episode that featured what appeared to be Hayesâ?? voice.

This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientologyâ?¦ He has no problem and heâ??s cashed plenty of checks with our show making fun of Christians. We never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin.

pj

Re: Issac Hayes & South Park
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 12:54:00 pm »
from NY Post..

ISAAC Hayes may not have quit "South Park" at all - or at least not willingly. Turns out Hayes has been away from Comedy Central's hit show for the past three months because he had a stroke. According to foxnews.com, he's at home recuperating and did not issue the press release which said he was quitting because the show made fun of his faith. That release was put out by fellow Scientologist Christina "Kumi" Kimball, a fashion executive for designer Craig Taylor. According to foxnews.com, "Hayes loves 'South Park' and needs it for income. He has a new wife and a baby on the way."

Tom Servo

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »
I suppose it could have been a staged conflict with Scientology just to get press.  If so, it worked.  They certainly would have known if he were out with a stroke.  

Pretty harsh episode.  Funny, but harsh.

eros

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 01:17:00 pm »
From the NY Daily News...

Did someone get to Isaac Hayes? Scientologist Hayes was the voice of Chef on "South Park," but just quit the Comedy Central hit, citing "intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs." Only last December, Hayes went on Opie & Anthony's XM Radio show and didn't mind a recent episode ridiculing Tom Cruise and Scientology. "One thing about Matt [Stone] and Trey [Parker], the "South Park" creators], they lampoon everybody, and if you take that sâ?? serious, then I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for $2." I ain't buying.
ʎɐʍou

definitivedoodle

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 03:51:00 pm »
that show was too funny.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
Paramount evidently owns loads of shit when it comes to *ahem* entertainment...evidently the poison dwarf (Cruise) has threatened to not do any promotions of his new film, which is being released by some sub-paramount company if Comedy Central (sub-paramount) air the South Park that takes the piss out of his Scientology crap......and here's me worried about the muslim retards!!!!!!

The scary thing is....Paramount backed down and succumed to little hitlers demands!  :eek:  

Hopefully these scientology wankers will get purple gowns and all end up dead with the next full moon or something.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 10:41:00 am »
My father once bought a used BSA motorcycle from L.Ron Hubbard.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:48:00 am »
New Chef replacement