Author Topic: o.a.r.????  (Read 1087 times)

walkonby

o.a.r.????
« on: December 31, 2004, 01:48:00 pm »
so . . . two shows sold out forever at nine thirty, but no one on here talked about it once, before, during, or after.  anyone care to comment, so i can conclude if its a band i like to check out in the future.

PigIron

Re: o.a.r.????
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 02:06:00 pm »
Didn't see them at 9:30.  However, I did have the pleasure of seeing them play at a festival a few years back.
 If you like vapid, watered-down, jam-band-type music played by a bunch of fratboys, check this out.  If you like acoustic guitar-driven pop music that is somehow less intense than say, Dave Matthews, go.  If you enjoy sugary sing-a-longs to some of the most generic, uninspiring lyrics ever created, go.  Go, and you shall have your ass rocked off.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 03:22:00 pm »
I didn't go but I can assure you they sucked.  :)  It's bands like oar and dmb that give real jam bands a bad name.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »
thanks for the info; i guess i'll stay away.  now i know why it was sold out.  hopefully moe will be playing again soon, and who knows where they'll pick next . . . state theatre?  the birch's other stage?

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 08:35:00 am »
The closest moe. will be in the immediate future will be WVU on 2/27. I was considering going but need a ride. You interested?

Originally posted by walkonby:
  thanks for the info; i guess i'll stay away.  now i know why it was sold out.  hopefully moe will be playing again soon, and who knows where they'll pick next . . . state theatre?  the birch's other stage?
احمد