Author Topic: my first christmas present..........  (Read 6790 times)

grotty

Re: my first christmas present..........
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2003, 05:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  My granparents once gave me and my brothers pens for xmas, because we did not write enough. When I wrote them to thank them, I made sure to use a different pen!  
"I gave her my heart...she gave me a pen. She thinks I'm a dick..."

what if the soap is handmade by you? Is it still a lame gift?

ratioci nation

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2003, 05:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by grotty:
  what if the soap is handmade by you? Is it still a lame gift?
depends, is it made from the waste from plastic surgery?

ruthann

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2003, 05:13:00 pm »
I wrote:
 HAHA! That's one of the reasons I take a bath before bed. My hair did smell kinda "horsey" last night when I got home.

Then Rhett wrote:There's several good jokes in there, but I'm going to be nice to a newbie!

RA again:
 I didn't ride last night, though, so that may ruin one of the jokes. It was actually the hair on my head that was horsey smelling. It was a big barn dirt booger evening, though. (Yep, lots of dust/dirt in the air.)

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2003, 05:15:00 pm »
You can reply to a quote by clicking on the icon on the right of the top of the quote.

Originally posted by Ruth Ann:
  I wrote:
 HAHA! That's one of the reasons I take a bath before bed. My hair did smell kinda "horsey" last night when I got home.

Then Rhett wrote:There's several good jokes in there, but I'm going to be nice to a newbie!

RA again:
 I didn't ride last night, though, so that may ruin one of the jokes. It was actually the hair on my head that was horsey smelling. It was a big barn dirt booger evening, though. (Yep, lots of dust/dirt in the air.)

ruthann

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2003, 05:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 [QB] You can reply to a quote by clicking on the icon on the right of the top of the quote.

Like this? (Hoping it works.) Thank you. I didn't know how to do that. The icons didn't really look like quotes to me.

thenotebookgirl

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2003, 10:17:00 pm »
I always get a religious things from my extended family. My immediate family no longer gives me Christmas gifts. It's quite pathetic because I always buy everyone else gifts, but on Christmas day, Laura receives nada.

However, I recall that one year I received a book called "To My Dear Slimeball," which, according to the blurb, was some sort of update on C.S. Lewis' "Screwtape Letters", except updated for todays modern teen, i.e. much much much lamer. I think I also got "Stomping Out the Darkness" that same year. I have no idea what that's about. I also received a compilation CD called "WOW 2001" which is the best that Christian pop music has to offer. At age 11, I received Psalty's Children's Bible. Other gifts I've received over the years: a yellow polyester towel, a polyester towel set with teddy bears and "Home Sweet Home" written on them, a small bear filled with potpourri, a mug with a bear on it (sense a trend?), a freaky stuffed tiger that roars, an XL batik Indonesia t-shirt, and an XL "Jesus Lives" t-shirt. And they wonder why I don't go to church.

Sometimes I get soap. I fucking hate soap.

Why don't they just write me a note that says "LOSE WEIGHT, SHOWER AND ACCEPT JESUS, FATASS"?

Luckily, some relatives have started giving me money now. Of course, there's not a whole lot I can do with Singapore dollars, but hey, at least they aren't books about the state of my soul and what I can abstain from in order to redeem myself and go to heaven which, from extensive research, doesn't sound too fun anyway.

poorlulu

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2003, 11:12:00 pm »
hey laura if i got gifts like that i'd have been sending them divorce papers...............thats f@cking awful

and before everyone starts....... yes, christmas IS ALL about the receiving of presents so they had better be good...........

Jaguär

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2003, 01:38:00 am »
Like Ruth Ann, I like soaps too, as long as they are halfway decent soaps and not stinky Coast or some other extremely cheap, stenchy soap. French milled are the best. Most are nice enough. I see them as pampering gifts and not hints. I love buying nice soaps for myself.

If anyone wants to unload their unwanted soap gifts on me, I'll take them.    :D  

Flawd, check out Hickory Farms. Their stuff is pretty bad and almost tastless and cheese will bind them up. Something old people don't want happening.

stellaesmeralda

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2003, 05:08:00 pm »
I also like soaps. I think they are nice presents if chosen well, and especially if handmade. I have an aunt who is always broke, but every year gives everyone in the family a little something. A couple years in a row she got all the women in the family sample size Victoria Secret bodywash, and lotion. I have a big family, and even if she spent $2 on each gift, she probably spent a total of about $100 or more. Everyone knew she didn't have money, and we were happy with what we got. She a is sweet, and thoughtful person. My sister made home made chocolates, and soaps one year, and it took her time to make them. She also wanted to give everyone a gift, and I know they were made with love. She's a very good person too. For a long time I didn't give any gifts to people, not even a card because I was too embarrased that I didn't have money to buy them nice gifts. I even almost didn't show up to the family party once. Then my mom called, and she just wanted me to come. It can be pretty boring (except when some of them get drunk), but the family just wants to see the family they love, but almost never get to see. The next year I bought tons of boxes of insensce for $1 (nag champa), and wrapped it up all nice so everyone would know it was given with love.It was cool. Mostly only the real little kids care about what they get. The rest of us are just there to hang out, drink, and play poker. They love poker! Now I like my family gatherings, and even miss them when its been a while.

flawd101

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2003, 11:03:00 pm »
chicks love soaps. like my aunts.....
 last year i got highliters.....
 they got cheap nasty fruitcake......normaly who ever gets them throw them away and they send an email thanking us.
 i'm so happy get get christmas presents.....my moms family gives me 50 each except my aunt gives me100....(5ppl)...which is my only income for the year....

stellaesmeralda

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2003, 06:03:00 am »
Usually, whether it's a phone call, soap, or a damned fruit cake (which I also despise) the point is the thought of at least remembering the person exists... that's all they care about. Or, at least myself. That's all I care about. Just let me know (somehow) that you know who I am, and that you know I exist. Then I know you give a damn. When it comes to family, that shows me you care a lot more than you may care to admit. With friends, maybe it's different... I have had few in my short time on this earth, but they have usaually (and quickly) become like family. Same thing. What is important is what is in the heart...the intention of each invidual. Me, if you die tomorrow, it's is going to affect me probably for the rest of my life. An encounter with another life is like a dance, and a dance can last five minutes, or a life time. You touched me, and I am a better person for it. Regardless. Even if I am hurt, I won't judge you for it. They do say though... F*cked me once shame on you. F*ck me twice shame on me. If I love you, I will take whatever shame comes, with pride. Just remember, everyone has a threshold... the best thing we can do is try and remember not to abuse it.

markie

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2003, 11:41:00 am »
Originally posted by esmeralda:
  You touched me, and I am a better person for it. Regardless.
hur,hur. If you touched me, I would be a better person for it.

thenotebookgirl

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  last year i got highliters.....

I always run out of highlighters. Wish they would give me highlighters.

flawd101

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »
wow that was so touching.......

sounds like the end of a jerry springer show.....

flawd101

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2003, 02:38:00 pm »
if i could i'd give them to you but i got curious if they could catch fire.....and then they went down the insinerator at my at good grandma's house.