Author Topic: Wrens live...  (Read 2476 times)

grotty

Wrens live...
« on: February 20, 2004, 03:48:00 pm »
on KEXP right now. Sound great.
  KEXP

Bags

Re: Wrens live...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
You rock, grotty.  

It's not an in-studio performance -- just one song?  I've got "Telefon Aviv..." something or other, at 11:52 pacific time.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 03:58:00 pm »
I know this is going to sound contrary, but what's so great about this band? anybody have an analysis? I listened with an open ear, and just didn't like them.

grotty

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 04:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  You rock, grotty.  

It's not an in-studio performance -- just one song?  I've got "Telefon Aviv..." something or other, at 11:52 pacific time.
Bags - it was a live in-studio. Played 3-4 songs. They had been hanging around KEXP all morning & finally got it setup around 2:40 EST.
 I'm sure it'll be in their archives soon - they currently have the Shins there now if interested.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
I must have just missed it, and hit some not great electronica instead.  Thanks, I'll look for the archive.  I'd love to see them again...but I'm not goin' to Coachella to do it.

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 04:44:00 pm »
The Wrens are playing at Coachella?  

I must have just missed it, and hit some not great electronica instead.  Thanks, I'll look for the archive.  I'd love to see them again...but I'm not goin' to Coachella to do it.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 04:48:00 pm »
You don't have to go to Coachella to see them. Just make it to Seattle on Saturday.

On February 21st, join KEXP at the Crocodile Cafe for the 2nd annual Morning Show at Night Party. This benefit for KEXP will feature live performances from The Wrens, The Long Winters, Swell, Shawn Smith and Damien Jurado as well as live broadcasts of Audioasis and Expansions.

This event was sponsored and made possible by Panicware, creators of "Pop-Up-Stopper", the original ad-blocking software. A big thank you to Panicware, and to you the listener, for helping to sell-out this event.

Door at 6pm. No Smoking.

Live Broadcasts:
 6pm-9pm Audioasis with John Richards
 9pm-11pm Expansions with DJ Riz

Shawn Smith and Damien Jurado will perform live, on the air, during Audioasis.

The line-up for the concert will be:
 Swell
 The Wrens
 The Long Winters

grotty

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 04:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  You don't have to go to Coachella to see them. Just make it to Seattle on Saturday.

On February 21st, join KEXP at the Crocodile Cafe for the 2nd annual Morning Show at Night Party. This benefit for KEXP will feature live performances from The Wrens, The Long Winters, Swell, Shawn Smith and Damien Jurado as well as live broadcasts of Audioasis and Expansions.

This event was sponsored and made possible by Panicware, creators of "Pop-Up-Stopper", the original ad-blocking software. A big thank you to Panicware, and to you the listener, for helping to sell-out this event.

Door at 6pm. No Smoking.

Live Broadcasts:
 6pm-9pm Audioasis with John Richards
 9pm-11pm Expansions with DJ Riz

Shawn Smith and Damien Jurado will perform live, on the air, during Audioasis.

The line-up for the concert will be:
 Swell
 The Wrens
 The Long Winters
That's why they were there (KEXP studio).

They are one of my 'don't miss' for SXSW

Bags

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 05:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotbie:
  The Wrens are playing at Coachella?  

[/b]
Oops, my bad.  I'm probably mixing Coachella and SXSW lineups up...  Sorry.  They're also at Noise Pop -- some 'festival' kind of in San Fran the week before I go out.  Of course.

Jaguär

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 05:00:00 am »
The latest show update from The Ottobar says The Wrens will be an upcoming show. No date, as of yet.   :D