Author Topic: Hey Bags!  (Read 1025 times)

mankie

Hey Bags!
« on: February 20, 2004, 04:33:00 pm »

Bags

Re: Hey Bags!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 04:56:00 pm »
Well, it's allowed due to our incredibly screwy system of "checks and balances, kind of."

Obviously, it circumvents the entire process.  But, I have to say, the Senate fillibuster is equally out of control.  As an energy practitioner, I was nuts about the holds on FERC Commissioner nominees, and was kind of hoping for a recess appointment over the long Christmas recess for one of the sitting Commissioners whose term was up last June.

The holds were based on energy bill issues, not related to any of the nominees themselves.  Or hell, it could be a partial-birth abortion issue and one Senator decides nominees won't get through until this unrelated issue is bargained.

That said, Bush is a scumbag and I don't want any of his judicial appointments to go through.  He's doing this during a WEEK LONG recess?  What a frickin' cop out.

But, it's the system and he's allowed to do it.  And it's penny ante compared to how much shit he's pulled.  Point is, if you hate the President, your gonna hate his judicial appointments.  That's a primary reason for paying attention and voting.

Not quite the rant you expected, I'll bet!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 05:02:00 pm »
Hate is a very strong word, and should be used sparingly. I would only use it in reference to Adolf Hitler, Jack White, Jack Black, and Quentin Tarantino.

mankie

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 05:32:00 pm »
Energy practitioner huh...well you tell your friends at PEPCO if they increase my leccy bill by 30% like they said on the news this morning, I'll be slashing the tires of every fucking PEPCO truck I see from now on!  :mad: