Author Topic: Artic Monkeys DJ Setlist  (Read 4726 times)

ravedubin

Artic Monkeys DJ Setlist
« on: March 28, 2006, 08:06:00 am »
Let's start this....

South-Safety In Numbers (new)
 The Chills-Familiarity Breeds Contempt
 The Like Young-Spell It Out
 Editors-Munich
 The Jam-Pretty Green
 Morrissey-You Have Killed Me (new)
 Placebo-Meds (new)
 Radiohead-Planet Telex
 The Blueskins-Stupid Ones
 Supergrass-Caught By The Fuzz
 Maximo Park-Postcard Of A Painting
 Radio 4-Enemies Like This
 The Departure-Arms Around Me
 Babyshambles-A'rebours
 The Futureheads-Area (new)
 Pixies-Gouge Away
 The Rakes-retreat (new)
 Gang Of Four-Damaged Goods '05
 Art Brut-Good Weekend
 Blur-Stereotypes
 Blaggers ITA-Dairy Thief
 Test Icicles-Snowball
 Bloc Party-Little Thoughts
 Nine Black Alps-Unsatisfied
 Dios (Malos)-I Want It All
 Small Sins-She's The Source (new)

Spinto Band hit the stage

Artic Monkeys controlled the music in between bands

Artic Monkeys hit the stage

in closing...
 Spiritualized-Lay Back In The Sun
 The Dandy Warhols-All The Money Or The Simple Life Honey
 David Bowie-Be My Wife
 Jane's Addiction-Mountain Song
 The Flaming Lips-My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion (new)

Thanks for listenin', I love responses

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Artic Monkeys DJ Setlist
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 08:47:00 am »
Nice stuff, but how was the rest of the show?

For a band that released the fifth best UK record EVER, I was suprised by the lack of a rollcall in these parts...  Could have gone to this one, but the couch was  mighty comfy last night so no boasting from me on seeing their first DC show.  Guess I'll be checking out the NPR stream of the show...
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:18:00 am »
Don't bother with the NPR stream...it's unlistenable for the most part.  Guitars sound passable but everything else is mush...vocal can't be heard at all.

eros

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 09:50:00 am »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
  Don't bother with the NPR stream...it's unlistenable for the most part.  Guitars sound passable but everything else is mush...vocal can't be heard at all.
Good to hear it was a faithful recording of what it actually sounded like live.

I had high expectations and was very underwhelmed.
ʎɐʍou

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 10:01:00 am »
I've been seeing one sold out show after another -- which can be a lot of work -- and I'd sort of moved on from the Monkeys record, so I wasn't that jazzed for the show. But, I was very pleasantly surprised. For a band that's existed for barely a year, they are very tight. The rhythm section had some serious punch, but the guitar melodies came through well. Plus the singer has the whole Ian Brown 'nonchalant frontman' thing down well, while also being a pretty hot guitarist. I thought it was impressive, especially for a band that's still developing.

Spinto Band was okay. They're enthusiastic and their songs are more than verse-chorus-verse, but nothing really grabbed me about them.
oword

xcanuck

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 10:23:00 am »
Thank goodness you weren't in control of the stuff between Spinto Band and Arctic Monkeys. There was definitely some off the wall stuff there.  :)

I was more impressed by the Monkeys live performance than I have been by their CD. Spinto Band were OK and could have been better had the vox been up to snuff.

I think the wife and I were the only people that were at both the Rob Zombie and Arctic Monkeys show. Last night's crowd was much younger, much smaller, less drunk, and more attractive.

eros

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 10:27:00 am »
Originally posted by xcanuck:
  Thank goodness you weren't in control of the stuff between Spinto Band and Arctic Monkeys. There was definitely some off the wall stuff there.   :)  

Did I hear a Justin Timberlake song in there?
ʎɐʍou

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 10:29:00 am »
Originally posted by eros:

Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:
Good to hear it was a faithful recording of what it actually sounded like live.

I had high expectations and was very underwhelmed. [/b]
I agree that the sound was terrible.  I thought the band was really good though.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 10:59:00 am »
I think the sound has a lot to do with where you are standing.  I've been front row where the sound is very muddy and then moved back to get much better sound.  For last nights show I was upstairs and thought the sound was very crisp, guitars, bass and vocals were very clean from my vantage point.

The set was short but tight.  Thought they could have at least done a encore.  But at $15 a ticket, I'm not complaining.

TomJaworski

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 11:28:00 am »
Spinto Band were much more enjoyable than Arctic Monkeys. Although they were a bit sloppy at times, they were having fun which made it fun to watch and listen to them. Their album is a pop gem.

Arctic Monkeys were exciting for the first four or five tunes but then it all began to sound the same. Lead singer has a great rock voice but I don't see much coming from them in the future. For some reason, I think Spinto Band's third record will be phenomenal. (Their current one is their debut. The follow-up will be too-polished and go for the TRL set and will disappoint. So my crystal ball fortells...haha.)

Relaxer

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 11:46:00 am »
I have definitely noticed that sound quality is better in the balcony than it is on the floor, especially for those of us who are not tall. And I thought AM's sound last night was great. Conversely, Spinto Band sounded muddy and rough.
oword

amnesiac

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
I thought it was a great show, even though I couldn't see a damn thing since the tallest guy in the room decided to stand in front of me. They sounded really good from where I was standing.

I was looking forward to seeing the Spinto Band, but missed the first 15 minutes of their set. I thought they put on a good, energetic show. Did they play "Crack the Whip"?

And was that really Lance Armstrong in the balcony?

Mobius

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 12:34:00 pm »
Enjoyable show.  At times it was flat, at times it rocked (often depending on whether the bass player of guitarist was in view).  Sometimes difficult not to think Arctic Monkeys was a really good battle of the bands winner.  Well crafted and well rehearsed, not always connecting, but certainly a good show.

Since the thread is "DJ Setlist," I'll say I loved the band as DJ's choice of The La's Timeless Melody followed by Primal Scream's Shoot Speed Kill Light.  That was awesome.

Arthwys

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 12:36:00 pm »
I thought it was a great show.  Yep, music was a bit muddy up front, and I'm very sorry to hear that the NPR stream is so bad sounding.  But it was the best concert i'd been to at 9:30 for a while in that the crowd (at least at the front) was very very into it!  We actually had dancing going on.  Large contingent of Brits that came over specifically for this show were on the right side down the front.  Was able to chat freely about local pubs around Primrose Hill and have people understand me for the first time in months.  

I thoroughly enjoyed Spinto Band.  The had great energy, and while don't break too much out of the chorus verse mold and are a touch poppy when it comes to vocals, the put just enough edge into their sound to be more interesting.  Managed to catch a kazoo, it's actually emblazoned with the bands name.
Emrys

Arthwys

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »
Oh, and yeah, it was Lance Armstrong.  Someone shouted to him and he waved.
Emrys