Author Topic: Why not post camera restrictions ahead of time on websit  (Read 1225 times)

nyarly

Why not post camera restrictions ahead of time on websit
« on: October 02, 2005, 05:04:00 pm »
Sorry, the system won't let me reply on my original thread.  I get that different bands have different camera policies, but presumably they tell you in advance, right?  Not the night of the show?

If that's the case, why not post restrictions ahead of time on the website, either with the show information or on the ticket-buying page (whatever's easier)?

Seems like it would free up your staff from having to take up so many cameras (lots of people just wouldn't bring them) and also from cranky fans...

Also, as a side note, I was curious about the distinction between "professional" and other cameras.  Is that something the band specifies or a general 9:30 policy that you don't allow professional pictures?  Just curious.

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: Why not post camera restrictions ahead of time on websit
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
The camera policy changes to frequently to make putting the rules up on the website too far in advance.  People that are really concerned can call down on the day of the show or post a question right here and we will get the info out on the day of the show.
 Pro cameras are generally anything with any interchangeable lenses or recording capabilities.  The parameters are established by the tour and artist management.  There is no general 9:30 policy as to what people can bring into the club as far as cameras and recording devices ar econcerned.