Author Topic: ipod question  (Read 2619 times)

Shadrach

ipod question
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:12:00 pm »
I'm sure someone out here either has encountered this problem or knows how to fix this.

Currently my ipod will not play any songs that I've purchased through itunes. All the songs are still listed under artists and playlists, but when I try to play them it just skips any songs that were purchased. I'm able to play any songs that I've added to itunes by downloading my cd's, but like I said nothing that I've paid for.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

vansmack

Re: ipod question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:29:00 pm »
Can you play them on the iTunes you use to synch with your iPod?

When I upgraded to iTunes 7, I had to reauthorize my iTunes with my music store account, only I didn't know it had been de-authorized until I tried to play a track I had purchased.
27>34

Shadrach

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Can you play them on the iTunes you use to synch with your iPod?

When I upgraded to iTunes 7, I had to reauthorize my iTunes with my music store account, only I didn't know it had been de-authorized until I tried to play a track I had purchased.
How do you reauthorize this?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:
  How do you reauthorize this?
Go to itunes music store and log-in under the same username/pw you bought the material under. Then when you try to play it'll say "acquiring license." Same thing happened to me.

Shadrach

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 03:51:00 pm »
Thanks, I'll try this when I get home.

Big KC

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
i had this same problem... here's what caused it to happen:

on an average day, i connect my ipod to three or four computers, three macs and a pc...

i've purchased songs on all of these machines.

here's the catch: if i purchased a song on one of the macs, and the pc is the last machine i've sync'd the ipod to, then it will skip those songs, only playing songs i've loaded on with the last sync'd machine (or music i've loaded via cd)

make sense?

tmoney

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
ipods suck.

Random Citizen

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by tmoney:
  ipods suck.
Three posts in as many months. I guess that's because you like to weigh in on such serious matters with caution.   :roll:

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 05:25:00 pm »
It's because posting sucks too.

Originally posted by Random Citizen PDX:

Originally posted by tmoney:
  ipods suck.
Three posts in as many months. I guess that's because you like to weigh in on such serious matters with caution.    :roll:  [/b]

I Dare

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
windows sucks i just had to call microsoft to "activate" my windows xp again cause the serial number they gave me was wrong....

but yeah the authorization of that comp should do the trick.

ratioci nation

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »
Wilco sucks!
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 06:40:00 pm »
I read somewhere that they raised the number of authorized machines from 4 to 5 with iTunes 7, and in order to make this change, they had to reset the authorizations.

Of course, I don't believe everything that I read, but I do know you can have 5 authorized machines now.
27>34

igotmoxie

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 10:15:00 am »
my ipod use to do that too...it has since stopped.
 i think if you're out and you just re-set it (hold the middle button and the "menu" button down at the same time) it'll rework the kink on the road.
 if you're home, just plug it into your itunes. i don't think you even need to do anything, just let the machines talk to each other.
 i don't know why it was doing it...they were songs purchased through itunes, but for whatever reason, it has worked itself out.

SalParadise

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 01:31:00 pm »
has anyone else had an issue with certain 1/8" plugs not fitting all the way in the headphone jack opening on their iPod case? headphones usually fit fine, it's more the 1/8" to RCA connectors (for connecting it to home stereos) that don't fit.

just curious before i take sandpaper and/or a ginsu knife to this thing..

(no, returning it is not an option)