Author Topic: Lollapalooza?  (Read 30549 times)

Bags

Re: Lollapalooza?
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:
  58 cents a bad, BFD. if they suck then i dont care if it was 1 cent a band.

and do these 58 cents include travelling and lodging and many beers to have to sit through Daddy A Go Go?
I'd never get in to this argument, but you can't physically see 70 bands anyway.  If it were suddenly 20, after being promised 70, then I'd bitch.  If the lineup has bands you like, that's what matters.  Now, the last list of additions was incredibly weak, I'll give you that.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
uh don't you think those kid bands will be on a seperate stage setup for the younger set which might actually become ticket holders because their parents will be taking them along for thier first rock n' roll concert experience... sounds like some creative scheduling to me, they could have booked a bunch of marginal local acts for the sidestages..
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2005, 12:10:00 pm »
ok correction kids under 10 get in for free... so adding a kids stage wont increase ticket sales, it might however bring in more families which will boost food sales etc,

it would appear the promoters are making an attempt a family friendly event with the tag-a-kid program.
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2005, 12:22:00 pm »
smart Kosmo,

doesnt Glastonbury have a kids stage of some sort?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
yup it's called kidz field and briefly skimming the info on it, it looks very well organized...
T.Rex

joz

« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2005, 12:30:00 pm »
in my defense, i was really hoping for some bigger acts to be added, in particular some chicago talent (e.g., billy corgan, wilco, etc.), not a bunch of kids acts. furthermore, i don't expect to see all 70 bands but the less bands, the less variety in music offered. personally, i'd rather be heading to the intonation festival the week prior. i'm into ~90% of the bands playing vs. ~40% and would have a chance to see nearly all of them by the looks of the timing.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2005, 12:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by BrnAgnTaper:
  more additions:
 Hard Fi

Oh my god!! Hard-Fi is my #1 band to see! *so completely thrilled*

sonickteam2

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

more additions:
 Hard Fi

Oh my god!! Hard-Fi is my #1 band to see! *so completely thrilled* [/b]
i totally agree!!!!!

:)  I dont have a ticket but they are now about 2 more bands away from me getting one.

LRHippo

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by joz:
  i'll be one of the disatisfied people returning my tickets to frontgate. we were promised 70+ bands...didn't think 5 of those would be geared towards children.
I think you may be too late for that. You had 30 days to get a refund on your tickets, from date of purchase. And if you got presale, that was back around April 7th.

And someone else mentioned something about not getting their tickets yet. So far I am not impressed with Frontgate. The Modest Mouse show at DAR was a frontgate deal and haven't gotten those tickets yet. Show is in 3 weeks.

joz

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »

Originally posted by joz:
  i'll be one of the disatisfied people returning my tickets to frontgate. we were promised 70+ bands...didn't think 5 of those would be geared towards children.
I think you may be too late for that. You had 30 days to get a refund on your tickets, from date of purchase. And if you got presale, that was back around April 7th.

And someone else mentioned something about not getting their tickets yet. So far I am not impressed with Frontgate. The Modest Mouse show at DAR was a frontgate deal and haven't gotten those tickets yet. Show is in 3 weeks. [/b]
if i recall correctly, the small print on the presale was "within 30 days of receipt of tickets" but maybe i'm totally wrong...

dumpkopf

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »
I used front gate for Modest Mouse in Philly and got my tickets last week.

LRHippo

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2005, 02:16:00 pm »
Good point. I still think it's from the time of sale, but you may be right as well. I took a screen shot of that page a while back, just to help me out if they gave me grief if I had to refund the tickets, but I got rid of it as I have no plans of backing out anymore.

Last week on the Mouse tickets eh? I wait another week or so, then get back on the horn with them. I've already called them a few times for other shows.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2005, 04:15:00 pm »
  And someone else mentioned something about not getting their tickets yet. So far I am not impressed with Frontgate. The Modest Mouse show at DAR was a frontgate deal and haven't gotten those tickets yet. Show is in 3 weeks.
FYI, this is from the Lolla tickets page for the non pre-sale tickets purchased:

"Tickets will be delivered via Fedex Ground between July 1 and July 15."

And I don't understand all the complaining about the number of bands. There are about 16 I want to see, and those alone are worth my trip. Hell, I'd go to that fest just to see The Dandy Warhols, Arcade Fire or Hard-Fi. I'm looking forward to it! It will be a fun weekend away where I can hang out with friends and hear good music. Let's hope they get their permits. And if they don't, they'll refund the tickets.

LRHippo

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2005, 12:58:00 pm »
recieved an email notification that my lolla tickets have been shipped and will be here on Friday.

LRHippo

« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2005, 10:34:00 am »
The Dead 60's