Author Topic: Lollapalooza?  (Read 30472 times)

Starsky

Re: Lollapalooza?
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2021, 09:14:51 am »
That’s how you do it! Nicely done

Yada

« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2021, 09:53:52 am »
was a fun time. really only saw the foos, the modest mouse, and parts of brittany howard, front bottoms, band of horses, ottto. basically, the plan was to see foos and mouses, and we kept to that plan. saw a full brittany howard set at thalia hall on saturday night/sunday morning, and that was pretty great. was a masked event. we mostly were able to keep a distance from others. used a lot of hand sanitizer. lolla logistics were really well done. easy in and out, plentiful bathroom facilities, food vendors, water, merch. air travel was pretty easy. ubers were expensive. chicago weather was perfect. Fun record stores in Wicker Park yesterday. Got to hang with a friend I hadn't seen in a couple of years, and that was a good reconnect.

I am fully vaxxed, but got tested before the trip, and I will likely test again later this week before re-engaging with society.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR ENJOYING LIFE!!!!!!!!!

J/K! Sounds great!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2021, 10:04:11 am »
was a fun time. really only saw the foos, the modest mouse, and parts of brittany howard, front bottoms, band of horses, ottto. basically, the plan was to see foos and mouses, and we kept to that plan. saw a full brittany howard set at thalia hall on saturday night/sunday morning, and that was pretty great. was a masked event. we mostly were able to keep a distance from others. used a lot of hand sanitizer. lolla logistics were really well done. easy in and out, plentiful bathroom facilities, food vendors, water, merch. air travel was pretty easy. ubers were expensive. chicago weather was perfect. Fun record stores in Wicker Park yesterday. Got to hang with a friend I hadn't seen in a couple of years, and that was a good reconnect.

I am fully vaxxed, but got tested before the trip, and I will likely test again later this week before re-engaging with society.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR ENJOYING LIFE!!!!!!!!!

J/K! Sounds great!

Thanks, I try to stay ashamed, every day.

« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2021, 12:44:43 pm »
Thanks, I try to stay ashamed, every day.
You should change your screen name to 'challenged and ashamed'
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2021, 12:56:36 pm »
ashamed, a CHALLENGED brand
LVMH

« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2021, 04:01:45 pm »
I'm sure they are not, but would imagine they could follow up with a statically accurate population of the attendees and see the rate of infections?

(how many people would you need to get a good result if 100k attend?)

someone thinking along these lines

Justin Starren@JustinStarren
This will be the test case of whether the Delta variant has made requiring vaccination status obsolete. In some ways, we should be grateful to all of these unwitting test subjects
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 04:07:19 pm by Side-burbs ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

rich_WDC

« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2021, 04:27:39 pm »

rich_WDC

« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2021, 04:37:36 pm »
Yep, a fun time.  Weather pretty much extraordinary and I could venture to say that Friday was the coldest Lollapalooza Chicago day ever.   
I woulda liked a bit more of a challenging health screening as any counterfeit vaxx paper would probably work.   And I woulda liked some more mask wearing, at least in the thick of the sets.

Foos an obvious highlight, even with needing to do Southwest checkin precisely in middle of set.  (B19.... acceptable)  Also: Orville Peck, Black Pumas, Jawny, Black Pistol Fire, Tai Verdes, Miley C.

No Perry sightings for me but Kind Orchestra got added into a club show somewhere.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2021, 04:58:17 pm »
I'm sure they are not, but would imagine they could follow up with a statically accurate population of the attendees and see the rate of infections?

(how many people would you need to get a good result if 100k attend?)

someone thinking along these lines

Justin Starren@JustinStarren
This will be the test case of whether the Delta variant has made requiring vaccination status obsolete. In some ways, we should be grateful to all of these unwitting test subjects

thank you for your gratefulness, world. - Challenged and Ashamed

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2021, 04:58:42 pm »
Did Foos do any of their DeeGees stuff?

« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2021, 05:22:21 pm »
Did Foos do any of their DeeGees stuff?

not sure, but they did do
You Should Be Dancing
(Bee Gees cover)
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2021, 04:07:05 pm »
So if Lollapalooza didn’t end up being a superspreader event, does that make one a science denier?  Asking for a friend…

NEW: Officials have found no evidence of a superspreader event stemming from the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago, city health commissioner says.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1425855553750900739?s=21

Officials say Lollapalooza wasn’t a super-spreader event, but some fans have reported symptoms after attending. "People need to realize that getting vaccinated doesn't make you invincible," says one.

https://twitter.com/rollingstone/status/1425896628695797769?s=21
T.Rex