Author Topic: Radiohead - discuss possible venues here  (Read 27969 times)

anarchist

Re: Radiohead - discuss possible venues here
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »
after they play nisson, seth will get them at mpp.

easement

« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2008, 10:14:00 am »
Yeah, the whole Gen Admission  = (Pit or Lawn) has me confused/stressed as well.

I went on at 8:57 according to my computer clock and the tix were on sale already.

grotty

« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2008, 10:23:00 am »
Originally posted by easement:
  Yeah, the whole Gen Admission  = (Pit or Lawn) has me confused/stressed as well.

I went on at 8:57 according to my computer clock and the tix were on sale already.
it's PIT - don't worry. i shouldn't have said anything. just noted the difference & wondered. once the TM sell site goes live tomorrow morn - we'll get the drop down boxes & it'll clearly show that PIT were $61...Lawn $41.

check out the prices already on ebay. lawn going for $199. looks like some re-sellers are buying the listings from yesterday already think they were priced too low: orig price of 2 PIT was ~ $349. Now it's up to $499.

amnesiac

« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »
Just saw a commercial for this last night. Good thing they're advertising, otherwise it would never sell out   :roll:

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »
"saw a commercial"?  as in on TV?  why would anyone bother wasting money on advertising this show?!?  it's not as if they need to drum up sales... i'm not confident there will even be lawn tickets left by the time the gates open for this show.
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
I think you may be misled on the popularity of this tour.  It will do very well, but I doubt (with the economy) if every show will be an instant sell out.  The anticipation of "In Rainbows" isn't the same as the rabid anticipation of "Kid A."

Brian

amnesiac

« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  "saw a commercial"?  as in on TV?
Yeah, it was either on ESPN or Comedy Central.

Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  I think you may be misled on the popularity of this tour.  It will do very well, but I doubt (with the economy) if every show will be an instant sell out.  The anticipation of "In Rainbows" isn't the same as the rabid anticipation of "Kid A."

Brian
To be fair, there wasn't really much time for anticipation to build up for "In Rainbows," since its release was announce just 10 days prior. And yeah, it probably won't be an instant sell out, but they really don't need to waste money on TV ads. But I guess Live Nation has plenty of money to throw around...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  "saw a commercial"?  as in on TV?  why would anyone bother wasting money on advertising this show?!?  it's not as if they need to drum up sales... i'm not confident there will even be lawn tickets left by the time the gates open for this show.
yep, i saw it too ... i think ESPN but can't recall
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2008, 10:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
 I doubt (with the economy) if every show will be an instant sell out.
if by that you mean "there will still be lawn tickets available on monday", i can't disagree.  

but i'm willing to bet that within 40 mins of onsale, all 100 & 200 seats at Nissan are gone as well as the front half of the 300s (that would be rows A-G, see  seat map).   talking pairs here, not random singles.  in my books, that would be darn close to a sell-out.  and by sunday 1 pm, no more 300's left.  care to wadger a beer on either one of those assertions? (bet offer expires at 9:59 am EST tomorrow    :)   )  in terms of venue size, nissan is a tad larger than average for this tour as far as i can tell.
<sig>

lukiedookie89

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2008, 03:14:00 am »
I'm just hoping that there will be some more GA pit tickets tommorrow

azaghal1981

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2008, 07:50:00 am »
My thoughts exactly.  :D
 Speaking of which, airfares have dipped a bit in the last few days. Virgin Atlantic for $887 is looking pretty good to me right now.

Originally posted by Epstein:
  i shouldnt brag but seeing them in london will be much better
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2008, 11:05:00 am »
just got mine.  after i got them, i tried to check again, and their was a 10 minute line to look for tickets. hopefully everbody got theirs.

i got id

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2008, 11:14:00 am »
wasn't able to get pit, but lucky enough to get sec. 101, row F

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2008, 11:15:00 am »
Got DC, shut out in Charlotte. If anyone has an extra for Charlotte they're willing to part with, lemme know!

thingsfallapart

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2008, 11:18:00 am »
That was insane.  We had three people there hitting refresh and we could only get lawn.  Oh well, better than nothing.