Author Topic: Radiohead - discuss possible venues here  (Read 27974 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Radiohead - discuss possible venues here
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »
FYI - ticketmaster says the Nissan show will have a pit so at least that's something.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »
It's a Sunday, so just get there early and leave before the encore  :)

Originally posted by Glass Arm Shattering:
  Please boycott this show everyone!
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »
no no, everyone should flat out boycott.  please.  

just stay home.
<sig>

PigIron

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 09:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  no no, everyone should flat out boycott.  please.  

just stay home.
I'm going to try like hell to get tickets, actually.  I haven't seen them.  I had tickets for the Bull Run disaster.  When they came through last time (was it Merriweather?), it was sold out before I could take a shot at seats.  Nissan isn't the best place to see a show, but I'd rather go through traffic and (possibly) have crappy seats than not go at all.  What am I supposed to do here - wait until they hit the club circuit?

bearman🐻

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »
So not worth it to me...I'm passing. I hate Nissan.

manimtired

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »
nissan is a total pain in the ass but at least it is on a sunday so you do have the option of leaving early and tailgating a bit without having to deal with rush hour traffic.  getting out is a different story...but leaving any major concert/sporting event is never a speedy process.

thingsfallapart

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 11:23:00 pm »
I say fuck it whatever.  It may be a shitty venue but how many more times do you see Radiohead coming through the area in the next few years?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
yep, were they playing pretty much anywhere else in the area other than Nissan (5-night stand at DAR included), i'd be sitting there refreshing furiously at 10am on saturday ... oh well
(o|o)

distance

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 12:12:00 am »
that's kind of how i'm feeling.  i think i'm going to wait for the second leg of the tour and see what's going on and travel to it.  twelve times i've seen radiohead, and eleven times i've driven at least 300 miles.  what's one or two more times?
 toronto x3, montreal x3, california, atlanta x2, nyc x2... who cares if they're playing nissan.  places like parc jean drapeau are better.

paul3mac

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 12:25:00 am »
Originally posted by distance:

that's kind of how i'm feeling.  i think i'm going to wait for the second leg of the tour and see what's going on and travel to it.  twelve times i've seen radiohead, and eleven times i've driven at least 300 miles.  what's one or two more times?
 toronto x3, montreal x3, california, atlanta x2, nyc x2... who cares if they're playing nissan.  places like parc jean drapeau are better. [/b]
I agree.  We decided we're skipping the Nissan show and waiting for the summer leg to be announced... some interesting cities on the list that will make for a nice weekend trip.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 12:30:00 am »
Originally posted by manimtired:
 but leaving any major concert/sporting event is never a speedy process.
i think nissan is he worse that i've experienced.  getting out of fedex isn't as big a headache, and it holds almost four times as many people.  it's just bad design - those little access roads that connect nissan to the outside world are woefully inadequate for that size a venue.

places like parc jean drapeau are better.
daaaamn, you had to bring up montreal... i love shows in MTL.  throw in the local lovelies in their summer finest, and i'm already planning a road trip back home.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 12:42:00 am »

toronto x3, montreal x3, california, atlanta x2, nyc x2... who cares if they're playing nissan.  places like parc jean drapeau are better. [/b]
Have you ever been to the place in Charlotte they're playing. It's not too terribly far for us on a Friday but I've never been to the venue.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 01:00:00 am »
can't be any worse than nissan, now can it?  i suspect it'll be easier to get tickets for, too.
<sig>

distance

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 01:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
  Have you ever been to the place in Charlotte they're playing. It's not too terribly far for us on a Friday but I've never been to the venue.
if the charlotte place used to be named 'blockbuster', then yes, i've been there.  generic amphitheater.  easier to access than nissan pavillion, though.  i'm pretty sure it is the same place.  i have my sights set on the gorge.  hoping they play there.

distance

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 01:57:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  daaaamn, you had to bring up montreal... i love shows in MTL.  throw in the local lovelies in their summer finest, and i'm already planning a road trip back home.
nice breeze off the water on a summer evening with the city as a backdrop for the show?

i wouldn't mind going to see radiohead in montreal again, but i don't think it's going to happen this tour.