Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 137127 times)

Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »
I trust him too. I just don't like what he's asking me to trust him to do.

Originally posted by CookieMonster:
  Voted for McCain this morning.  The only person I trust out of all of them.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by CookieMonster:
  Voted for McCain this morning.  The only person I trust out of all of them.
I also find McCain completely trustworthy. I 100% believe him when he tells me if he's elected we'll never leave Iraq and we'll probably invade Iran, too. That's the sort of thing you just don't lie about.

eros

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
My right-winger in-laws were bragging to me over the weekend about how enlightened they are because they are going to vote for Obama.  Turns out that they, along with a lot of Republicans, are just doing anything to keep Hillary out.  

This seems like a dumb idea BTW - if I were a Republican and could vote for either party in the primary I'd push to get Hillary in the general election knowing she would get killed there.  If one person can unite the divided Republican party, it's Hillary Clinton.

But I digress...anyway, we had a bit of a bonding moment when they finally realized how I have felt for the last 8 years.
ʎɐʍou

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
DISCLAIMER: I voted McCain, but only to bolster my LNS-TV-show application.

manimtired

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 12:34:00 pm »
who needs the element of trust when obama is offering "hope" and "change"...wtf.  :roll:

eros

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
I'm pretty sure they all wrote in Romney.
ʎɐʍou

nkotb

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »
Honestly, after the last 8 years, that's about the extent of my political leanings.  Let's hope this shit doesn't get worse and make a change for the better.

Originally posted by manimtired:
  who needs the element of trust when obama is offering "hope" and "change"...wtf.   :roll:  

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by eros:
 This seems like a dumb idea BTW - if I were a Republican and could vote for either party in the primary I'd push to get Hillary in the general election knowing she would get killed there.  If one person can unite the divided Republican party, it's Hillary Clinton.
You're right, the much more organized RNC (the people who won in 2004 simply by labeling Kerry as a "flip flopper") aren't going to be able to crush the inexperienced junior senator from Illinois who has never accomplished a single thing, nor attached his name to any piece of significant legislation, in his 4 years in office. In "time of war," that's exactly who America's going to vote for.

Hillary is far more electable then Obama. Some people dislike her but those people wouldn't vote for Obama anyway. The hardcore republicans who hate Hillary weren't going to vote for any democrat. I'm seriously amazed repeatedly at how stupid democrats are about these things. They'll all be shocked -- SHOCKED!! -- in November when Obama loses by 10% in the popular vote and whine about the Republicans' dirty tricks, even though they're entirely foreseeable.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure they all wrote in Romney. [/b]
Mormons are SOOOOOOOOOOO turbo.

Relaxer

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »
Can't you just whip out your junk and ask them how they like that Republican cock?
oword

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
 Can't you just whip out your junk and ask them how they like that Republican cock?
If I make it to the interview phase, yes. It seems tacky to affix a polaroid with my application though.

manimtired

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »
but barack is offering hope AND change!!

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  but barack is offering hope AND change!!
I call it chopange!

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »
I don't think the argument is that the people who dislike Hillary would have bvoted for Obama.

The argument is that a number of disenchanted fatass Republicans who would have otherwise not voted will swarm to the polls just to have the chance of beating down Hillary. With Barack it it, they would have just sat home.

You're right, the much more organized RNC (the people who won in 2004 simply by labeling Kerry as a "flip flopper") aren't going to be able to crush the inexperienced junior senator from Illinois who has never accomplished a single thing, nor attached his name to any piece of significant legislation, in his 4 years in office. In "time of war," that's exactly who America's going to vote for.

Hillary is far more electable then Obama. Some people dislike her but those people wouldn't vote for Obama anyway. The hardcore republicans who hate Hillary weren't going to vote for any democrat. I'm seriously amazed repeatedly at how stupid democrats are about these things. They'll all be shocked -- SHOCKED!! -- in November when Obama loses by 10% in the popular vote and whine about the Republicans' dirty tricks, even though they're entirely foreseeable. [/b]

manimtired

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  I don't think the argument is that the people who dislike Hillary would have bvoted for Obama.

The argument is that a number of disenchanted fatass Republicans who would have otherwise not voted will swarm to the polls just to have the chance of beating down Hillary. With Barack it it, they would have just sat home.

"fatass" republicans??  micheal moore is about twice the size of rush limbaugh.

Hillary is far more electable then Obama. Some people dislike her but those people wouldn't vote for Obama anyway. The hardcore republicans who hate Hillary weren't going to vote for any democrat. I'm seriously amazed repeatedly at how stupid democrats are about these things. They'll all be shocked -- SHOCKED!! -- in November when Obama loses by 10% in the popular vote and whine about the Republicans' dirty tricks, even though they're entirely foreseeable. [/b]
[/b]