Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 141967 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #720 on: March 22, 2008, 01:50:00 pm »
I may have to vote for Obama after all....maybe he'll declare ramadam a federal holiday!

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #721 on: March 22, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:
  and McCain is really a closet democrat
It's amazing how many people cling to this remarkable bit of ignorance, both among Democrats and among right-wingers like Rush "Oxycontin" Limbaugh and Ann "I look like a horse" Coulter.   If you actually bother to look at the specific positions McCain has held, he is to the right of most Republicans, including Dubya.  

He doesn't give much time for the type of religious freaks who have an epileptic fit if the word "Jesus" is mentioned, but beyond that difference, he is very conservative.

Seriously, if you're thinking this way take the time to look at his record.
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #722 on: March 22, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »
fa·ce·tious      

â??adjective 1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.

2. amusing; humorous.

3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

ggw

« Reply #723 on: March 23, 2008, 07:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Richardson endorses Obama

Hillary Clinton advisor James Carville told the New York Times that Richardson, a former member of Bill Clinton's Cabinet, had committed "an act of betrayal," adding that it "came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate."

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #724 on: March 24, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »
Excuse my knuckle scraping ignorance but why is so important for these endorsments? Is it for the benefit of those with no mind of their own so they can be told who to vote for?

Oh, never mind...I probably just answered my own question.

« Reply #725 on: March 24, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »
Richardson himself is a superdelegate, and it's thought that his endorsement will influence other superdelegates.

Excuse my knuckle scraping ignorance but why is so important for these endorsments? Is it for the benefit of those with no mind of their own so they can be told who to vote for?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #726 on: March 24, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Richardson himself is a superdelegate, and it's thought that his endorsement will influence other superdelegates.

[/b]
Can't be that 'super' he's an Obamalamb

vansmack

« Reply #727 on: March 24, 2008, 02:04:00 pm »

It also works as a free national commercial as the more reputable the endorser, the more airtime a candidate will receive.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #728 on: March 24, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

It also works as a free national commercial as the more reputable the endorser, the more airtime a candidate will receive. [/b]
Aha!! So that's what it's all about. Thanks.

So do they ask the candidate if they can endorse him/her first? There's certain individuals I can imagine they wouldn't want an endorsement from.

CHARLES MANSON ENDORSES MCCAIN!!

For example.

vansmack

« Reply #729 on: March 24, 2008, 02:42:00 pm »

So do they ask the candidate if they can endorse him/her first? There's certain individuals I can imagine they wouldn't want an endorsement from.

Generally yes, but you can't stop someone from endorsing you.  It's really only a newsworthy event when both the Candidate and the endorser are in the same room, so if you don't want the endorsement, you simply don't show up for the press conference.
27>34

ggw

« Reply #730 on: March 24, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »
In addition to bringing peace to Northern Ireland, Hillary also saw military action in Bosnia.

I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia... there was a saying around the White House that if a place was too small, too poor, or too dangerous, the president couldn't go, so send the First Lady. Thatâ??s where we went.

I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

-Hillary Clinton, March 17, 2008

Or, maybe not:

Bosnia was not "too dangerous" a place for President Clinton to visit in early 1996. In fact, the first Clinton to visit Bosnia was not Hillary, but Bill, on January 13, 1996.

Far from running to an airport building with their heads down, Clinton and her party were greeted on the tarmac by smiling U.S. and Bosnian officials. An eight-year-old Moslem girl, Emina Bicakcic, read a poem in English. An Associated Press photograph of the greeting ceremony shows a smiling Clinton bending down to receive a kiss.

You can see CBS News footage of the arrival ceremony here. The footage shows Clinton walking calmly out of the back of the C-17 military transport plane that brought her from Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany.

According to Sinbad, who accompanied Clinton on the trip along with the singer Sheryl Crow, the "scariest" part was deciding where to eat. As he told Mary Ann Akers of The Post, "I think the only 'red-phone' moment was: 'Do we eat here or at the next place.'" Sinbad questioned the premise behind the Clinton version of events. "What kind of president would say 'Hey man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife. Oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you."

edbert

« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »
Make it stop!  By "it" I mean the awful Hillary impersonation on SNL.  Their Obama is much better

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #732 on: March 24, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »
  In addition to bringing peace to Northern Ireland, Hillary also saw military action in Bosnia.

I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia... there was a saying around the White House that if a place was too small, too poor, or too dangerous, the president couldn't go, so send the First Lady. Thatâ??s where we went.

I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

Or, maybe not:

Bosnia was not "too dangerous" a place for President Clinton to visit in early 1996. In fact, the first Clinton to visit Bosnia was not Hillary, but Bill, on January 13, 1996.

Far from running to an airport building with their heads down, Clinton and her party were greeted on the tarmac by smiling U.S. and Bosnian officials. An eight-year-old Moslem girl, Emina Bicakcic, read a poem in English. An Associated Press photograph of the greeting ceremony shows a smiling Clinton bending down to receive a kiss.

You can see CBS News footage of the arrival ceremony here. The footage shows Clinton walking calmly out of the back of the C-17 military transport plane that brought her from Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany.

According to Sinbad, who accompanied Clinton on the trip along with the singer Sheryl Crow, the "scariest" part was deciding where to eat. As he told Mary Ann Akers of The Post, "I think the only 'red-phone' moment was: 'Do we eat here or at the next place.'" Sinbad questioned the premise behind the Clinton version of events. "What kind of president would say 'Hey man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife. Oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you."
OKAY, WE GET IT...YOU HATE THE CLINTONS you're as annoying as Limbaugh, Buchannan,Ingraham and O'Reilly with this nonesense.

ggw

« Reply #733 on: March 24, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »

Or, maybe not:

OKAY, WE GET IT...YOU HATE THE CLINTONS you're as annoying as Limbaugh, Buchannan,Ingraham and O'Reilly with this nonesense. [/b]
Easy -- gotta watch your blood pressure, old man.

That Clinton experience you admire so much is appearing more and more to be a fabrication.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #734 on: March 24, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »
So how much is the Obama camp paying you to put out this misinformation?