Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 145377 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #795 on: April 23, 2008, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:

Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  LOL
gosh, i was going to disagree with you but 'lol' IN CAPS has swayed me. should have busted that out before the va primary [/b]
I figured as a HopeChange supporter, you'd be easily swayed by snappy, substanceless drivel.

Sage 703

« Reply #796 on: April 23, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »
  LOL
I'm pretty confident that what I wrote was a fairly accurate description of the facts.  If you disagree, by all means, please illustrate where I'm wrong.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #797 on: April 23, 2008, 02:36:00 pm »
sounds like EVIL PREACHER talk
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #798 on: April 24, 2008, 10:26:00 am »
Come the presidential election this is my voting choice

1, Clinton
 2, McCain
 3, Don't vote

But more importantly....The American voter got it so wrong last night...two of three best performances from Tuesday were in the bottom two..Idol is now just a popularity contest and not a talent contest so I'll probably lose interest in that too. There's always "The Deadliest Catch" to keep the telly on though. I'm addicted to that show now.

Sage 703

« Reply #799 on: May 07, 2008, 11:51:00 am »
So Julian, are you going to vote for John McCain come the general election?

« Reply #800 on: May 07, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
I think I've been pretty clear on this point. If th candidates are Obama and McCain, I would vote McCain if the election was at all in doubt. If McCain was up 10 in the polls, I'd write in Hillary.

vansmack

« Reply #801 on: May 07, 2008, 01:31:00 pm »

I think I've been pretty clear on this point. If th candidates are Obama and McCain, I would vote McCain if the election was at all in doubt. If McCain was up 10 in the polls, I'd write in Hillary. [/b]
I don't want to make this about you, but you have been open about talking your voting preferences and I'm working on a few new ideas.  Ignore this post if you don't want to answer.

Does the above hold true if Hillary is Obama's VP?
27>34

manimtired

« Reply #802 on: May 07, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

I think I've been pretty clear on this point. If th candidates are Obama and McCain, I would vote McCain if the election was at all in doubt. If McCain was up 10 in the polls, I'd write in Hillary. [/b]
I don't want to make this about you, but you have been open about talking your voting preferences and I'm working on a few new ideas.  Ignore this post if you don't want to answer.

Does the above hold true if Hillary is Obama's VP? [/b]
will never happen

« Reply #803 on: May 07, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Does the above hold true if Hillary is Obama's VP?
It would at least give me pause to consider voting for Obama. I don't want to be crass, but the very real reality is if an African-American is elected President, the odds are over-whelming of an assassination attempt. So, not to be funny, I do like the thought of Hillary being one lone KKK member away from the Presidency. But ultimately, I still think Obama would shit the place so badly that I wouldn't want to be responsible for putting him in office, so I'd probably still go McCain.

That said, I don't see Hillary going for the VP slot. She might, but I'd be suprised.

vansmack

« Reply #804 on: May 07, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »
Thanks.
27>34

ggw

« Reply #805 on: May 07, 2008, 01:50:00 pm »
 I don't want to be crass, but the very real reality is if an African-American is elected President, the odds are over-whelming of an assassination attempt.
That's not crass, that's just asinine.

Sage 703

« Reply #806 on: May 07, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

I don't want to be crass, but the very real reality is if an African-American is elected President, the odds are over-whelming of an assassination attempt.
That's not crass, that's just asinine. [/b]
Yes, it is asinine.

I still haven't heard how you justify voting for McCain over Obama.  I'd be very curious to hear the reasons, as this would imply that you didn't support Clinton's platform, but rather, her personality.

« Reply #807 on: May 07, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »
I'm shocked we haven't seen an assassination attempt since when, Reagan?

« Reply #808 on: May 07, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »
Maybe he prefers his candidates like he prefers his women...loads of wrinkles and years and years of experience.

Yes, it is asinine.

I still haven't heard how you justify voting for McCain over Obama.  I'd be very curious to hear the reasons, as this would imply that you didn't support Clinton's platform, but rather, her personality. [/b]

« Reply #809 on: May 07, 2008, 02:25:00 pm »

The acknowledgment that a small, fringe group of racists would be so upset with a racial minority president that they'd attempt an assassination is asinine? Statistically, Presidents are murdered at an unprecedented rate; you throw the racist factor in there, it has to be an even greater possibility.

I am not, just to be clear, condoning or encouraging an assassination plot against Obama.