Author Topic: DC Area Voters  (Read 140144 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: DC Area Voters
« Reply #825 on: May 07, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Exactly...you're calling "people who are in the army are dumbasses."  Again, how are you missing that as an elitist statement?

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #826 on: May 07, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »
I really think the American voter will speak loud and clear tonight and Jason Castro will be gone.

manimtired

« Reply #827 on: May 07, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:

Exactly...you're calling "people who are in the army are dumbasses."  Again, how are you missing that as an elitist statement?

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. [/b]
please tell me youre a 19 year old trying to obtain a political science degree at american university...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #828 on: May 07, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  please tell me youre a 19 year old trying to obtain a political science degree at american university...
No, on every count, my (potential) fellow McCain-iac.

manimtired

« Reply #829 on: May 07, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »
ha! hate mccain...probably sit this one out unless obama gets too close...then i guess ill go along party lines.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #830 on: May 07, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

No, that's a logical fallacy. I didn't say "all dumbasses are in the army," just that people who are in the army are dumbasses. There are all sorts of dumbasses who've stepped nowhere near military 'service.' I could very well be a dumbass myself.

[/b]
That comment is too elitist even for Obama.

Some 'dumbassaes" join the military as a way to pay for college because they aren't part of Obama's privileged elite...some join as a way to better themselves and others are just courageous and have a sense of duty to serve their country.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #831 on: May 07, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »
  ha! hate mccain...probably sit this one out unless obama gets too close...then i guess ill go along party lines.
I'll probably sit this one out too. I'm a registered independant but leaned more towards the dems than the reps, especially after the last 8 years, but if Obama is the best the dems can come up with then I ain't no dem.

manimtired

« Reply #832 on: May 07, 2008, 05:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by 47 YEAR OLD VIRGIN:

I'll probably sit this one out too. I'm a registered independant but leaned more towards the dems than the reps, especially after the last 8 years, but if Obama is the best the dems can come up with then I ain't no dem. [/b]
guess you aint no dem..

vansmack

« Reply #833 on: May 07, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »
Go easy on Julian.  I didn't ask him the question so others would/could attack him.

Anyhow, I don't see her sticking this out much longer.  I'd be shocked if she were still in for a couple more days let alone two weeks from now.  The math is so far against her at the moment that even seating the half delegations in Florida like the Republicans are doing and all of Michigan, she still won't be able to catch up without a Super-Delegate revolt.  But with the diminishing numbers of super delegates left, even the revolt is extrememly unlikely.

That being said, she is the most important Democrat in the nation right now.  This election will be decided by the candidate that lost the Democratic nomination, not the candidate that won the nomination.  Her ability and willingness to convince her supporters to now support Obama will mean all the difference in the November General election.

That's why I was so intrigued by a comment made on CNN late last night that one pundit has it on good authority that Hillary is in it until the Democrats guarantee her the VP slot.  At first, I thought no way (as I have from day one from an Obama perspective), but after thinking about it over night, if true it might not be the worst case scenario for the Dems.  That's a big if, mind you.  I still don't see her wanting it over being in charge of the Senate, but if you're Obama and this is true, wouldn't you rather put up with her in your corner rather than have her tank you for a 2012 run?

I've come all the way around on this and given her decent success in last couple of months, she may be more valuable to him then I once thought.
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #834 on: May 08, 2008, 07:31:00 am »
 people who are in the army are dumbasses. [/QB]
That's a stunning statement.  Wow!  I assume you mean everyone who has ever served in the armed forces to protect the United States is a "dumbass."  World War I.  II.  Marines.  Navy.  Everyone.  Ever.  Dumbasses.

I also don't agree with what Stephen King on April 4th that: "The fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don't, then you've got the Army, Iraq, I don't know, something like that."  I'll bet that those in the armed services have a much higher literacy rate than the general population.

Personally, there is NO ONE I have greater respect for than the men and women who serve in the armed forces.  They should all be paid about four to five times what they are paid now.  I feel every one of them is extraordinarily intelligent and brave.  I personally thank any one of them I see (either active or not) for protecting our country and allowing American citizens to enjoy the freedoms we do.

Someone says "Lou Reed could go on stage, perform two songs and it would be one of the greatest concerts I've ever been to" and everyone in the MILITARY is a "dumbass?"

Stunning.  I'm speechless that someone would be so stupid to say something like that.

Brian

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #835 on: May 08, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »
In 50 words or less would someone please tell me why I should vote for Obama?

BookerT

« Reply #836 on: May 08, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »
ah, american political discourse.

manimtired

« Reply #837 on: May 08, 2008, 12:52:00 pm »
you shouldnt.  he is going to get pwnd in the general.

Sage 703

« Reply #838 on: May 08, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »
50 words:

Obamaâ??s platform is to change the nature of political discourse. The current dialogue â?? divisive, partisan â?? prevents the changes that can address the problems facing us.  Obama aims to lead an open, honest discussion on the issues that will allow for compromise and progress which are impossible in the current climate.

manimtired

« Reply #839 on: May 08, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:

50 words:

Obamaâ??s platform is to change the nature of political discourse. The current dialogue â?? divisive, partisan â?? prevents the changes that can address the problems facing us.  Obama aims to lead an open, honest discussion on the issues that will allow for compromise and progress which are impossible in the current climate. [/b]
honest? he knew nothing about his pastors hate speech for 20 years?? very honest.