Author Topic: The Black Crowes 9/17,9/18  (Read 6359 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: The Black Crowes 9/17,9/18
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by crowes654:
  also, it would really be a waste of your time, because Crowes' shows, unlike say....a strike anywhere show, people are there to hear the music.  
are you really having us believe that a BLACK CROWES show will be jam-packed with people who aren't casual fans of the band?!?  this show will be full of people who haven't left herndon in a year and will treat the show like a night out at a club, not a concert

if you don't get the ROOTS ladies and gentlemn, you don't get it at all.
you're kidding, right?  just a big joke?  you're trying to say the BLACK CROWES represent roots music in this country? and if we don't listen to the BLACK CROWES then we don't "get the roots"??!

hi-larious.
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 02:30:00 pm »
Hey what's wrong with corporate crap rock playing fake "Americana" music ??? LOL
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »
d00d, if you want to hear some real roots music you should check out this kewl indie group the Kings of Leon, noone has heard of them yet, but they are the REAL DEAL

hey, i actually have 2 crowes albums and listen to them on occasion, but to fucking fetishize them as the end-all-be-all is just absurd
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 02:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:
  d00d, if you want to hear some real roots music you should check out this kewl indie group the Kings of Leon, noone has heard of them yet, but they are the REAL DEAL

One up on Hoya.

That was a double whammy!    :D

Fake 'roots' and wannabe hipsters.

crowes654

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 03:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

hey, i actually have 2 crowes albums and listen to them on occasion, but to fucking fetishize them as the end-all-be-all is just absurd
good one, and i don't know if you are just throwing them out there as a band you despise, or if you are likening their corporate, pseudo roots rock to the Crowes.  

you listen to 2 albums, have you seen them circa 1994 to 1997, or 2005 to present?  

they are not the be all or end of all roots music, obvisouly, and i neverf meant to imply that. They're not a freaking bluegrass band or blues group.   what they are is an amazing band that touches on various forms of roots music in the context of rock, like say the stones in their heydey, neil young, flying burriots, byrds, etc.  They also have a side that sounds more modern and heavily pyschedlic.  pretty diverse, in my opinion.  

corporate rock?  just because they had two hits songs 16 years ago doesn't make them corporate rock.  were the beatles and stones corporate rock?  and really, who the fuck cares?  if it is good, it is good.  what about PJ and wilco?  more corporate rock?  DBT too?  ha!  or no wait, uncle tup is ok but wilco is soo corporate.

the crowd will be 40-50% crowes diehards, the rest are welcome, too.  never seen a fight at a crowes show, though it does happen.

crowes654

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  Hey what's wrong with corporate crap rock playing fake "Americana" music ??? LOL
yeah, i'd rather listen to some indie dorks do the same thing, but without the musical ability and hidden deep in a din of feedback to hide said lack of ability.

it's art, man...deep shit, ya know?

Warren516

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 07:32:00 am »
The main question here should be 'When do the damn tickets go on sale'????????

chokeychicken

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 10:01:00 am »
  yeah, please stay away, we don't want any scenester fuckers at these shows.

also, it would really be a waste of your time, because Crowes' shows, unlike say....a strike anywhere show, people are there to hear the music.  So, there won't really be any scenester networking.  "you see that guy man, what a fake."  "yeah, for real....hey, i need to run to the bathroom to "unfix" my hair...its looking a little too neat."  "ok kewl, when does the band come on again....and what is their name?"  "stroke anywhere, i think.  heard they were tight."

if you don't get the ROOTS ladies and gentlemn, you don't get it at all.
your sterotypes are way off. why don't you go enjoy some dave matthews?

alex

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 12:00:00 pm »
I'm going to one of these.  And I'm going to see Strike Anywhere.  And I have all albums by both bands.  And I have short managable hair.  Suck on that croweboy.

freakoretardo

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2006, 04:11:00 pm »
this show will be full of people who haven't left herndon in a year and will treat the show like a night out at a club, not a concert

Now that's hi-larious.

crowes654

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 06:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:
  I'm going to one of these.  And I'm going to see Strike Anywhere.  And I have all albums by both bands.  And I have short managable hair.  Suck on that croweboy.
LOL. i have short manageable hair, too!  I applaud your open-mindedness, I'm sure not too many fans of either band know much about the other.

I confess I don'tknow much at all about strike anywhere, i was just starting shit.  I know they are tight for what they do,i just don't usually care for that type of music.    Most punk with such a aheavy message seems a bit contrived to me....its just like, my opinion, man.

Enjoy the Crowes, have you seen em before?

alex

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2006, 09:18:00 pm »
Strike Anywhere and most of their fans are pretty unpunkish compared to other bands as far as silly fashions go.

And no I have not seen the Crows before.

ggw

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 09:29:00 pm »
Did we all never leave high school?  

Seriously, who's cooler - the Black Crowes crew or the Strike Anywhere posse?

Rumble at 3:30 at the playground to settle it once and for all.

crowes654

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 09:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:
  Strike Anywhere and most of their fans are pretty unpunkish compared to other bands as far as silly fashions go.

And no I have not seen the Crows before.
that's cool about strike anywher.

oh wow, just go with an open mind, don't let anything on this board sway your opiion about them being corporate etc.  

it is, without question, a religous expeience, and chris can't even sing like he used to.  but the rest of the band is better and marc and rich sing too.  these shows will be two sets, numerous covers will be played, anyting from little feat to dylan to stones to beatles to the band to floyd to neil young to flying burritos to stephen stills to traffic to bonnie and delaney is possible.  they fucking own the covers.

OWN.

crowes654

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 09:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Did we all never leave high school?  

Seriously, who's cooler - the Black Crowes crew or the Strike Anywhere posse?

Rumble at 3:30 at the playground to settle it once and for all.
relax, it is not that big of a deal, i was mostly taling shit bout SA.

what others aid bout the crowes....i don't know?