Author Topic: Lets all hide in our homes  (Read 15758 times)

not too shabby

Re: Lets all hide in our homes
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2003, 05:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>Wars are not generally fought over how a country mistreats its citizens. <P>Name one example?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I didn't say that those were reasons to go to war.  If that were the basis for war, we would have a lot of war to wage.  The reasons for military action are clear, and they are a direct result of Iraq's failure to comply with the UN's demands concerning their weapons program.  I hope that the result of war (if it comes to that) will allow the Iraqi people to live without fear of being imprisoned, tortured, gassed, etc. by their own government for the sole purpose of scaring them into submission. <P>

jadetree

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2003, 05:37:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> After that, I think the single best thing we could do for our position in the world is to start tying the ridiculously huge amount of "assistance" we give to Israel to substantive steps Israel takes in removing its foot from the throats of the people who's land they've been stealing for fifty years.  It would build a lot of the goodwill that the US is sorely lacking.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>we can agree on that, too bad so many people in the US equate this kind of thought with antisemitism

myuman

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2003, 05:42:00 pm »
This "war" is about many things... I feel the greatest is protecting the U.S. on the broad scope.  The best way to view Hussein  and Iraq is comparing them to the mob.  Just being Americans is the crime.  The opposing side will strike, but this war is all about the future of this country.  I can't see peace being an option when governments like the ones in the news believe the only good American is a dead one.  As for Germany and France... how quickly we forget.  Understandable however, considering specific memory tends to fade over 58 years.  No one wants to get on the bad side of this Mob, but the U.S. really has very little choice at this point.  Talk is cheap.  Peace is very nice and idealistic, but I'm sorry to say, it's not the way the world works and not what made this (U.S.) country what it is today.

not too shabby

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2003, 05:45:00 pm »
You have to admit (or not, I suppose) that the UN targets Israel more than anyone else in this department.  Don't think so?  Read this, even if you don't agree, it's interesting:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.canoe.ca/Columnists/goldstein_feb9.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.canoe.ca/Columnists/goldstein_feb9.html[/url]

markie

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2003, 05:47:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B>This "war" is about many things... I feel the greatest is protecting the U.S. on the broad scope.  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>how very nice it must be to see the world as good and evil, and you belong to the side of good.<P>A rather playground kind of attitude isnt it?<P><BR>Do you think the middle east will be more stable when a catholic led QANGO is in charge of Iraq?<P>I dont.<P>It will just generate even more resentment of the US in my opinion.

jadetree

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2003, 05:50:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B>Talk is cheap.  Peace is very nice and idealistic, but I'm sorry to say, it's not the way the world works and not what made this (U.S.) country what it is today.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So the way to continue success is to continue what we made you successful.  I think you can find many examples that show the opposite.  Peace is not the way the world works because people haven't worked that way.  And, quite frankly, I have no great desire for the U.S. to remain what it is today, it would be nice if the country used its power for positve change a little more often and a little less selectively.

sid vicious

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2003, 05:52:00 pm »
Like if they legalized weed, that would be the dogs bollox. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>it would be nice if the country used its power for positve change a little more often and a little less selectively.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

myuman

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2003, 05:54:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> how very nice it must be to see the world as good and evil, and you belong to the side of good.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Absolutely... and so do you... next question.

jadetree

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2003, 05:55:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sid vicious:<BR><B>Like if they legalized weed, that would be the dogs bollox. <P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>would be a hell of a start<P>is that sid viscous?

sid vicious

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2003, 05:55:00 pm »
It'd be fookin' mega.

myuman

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2003, 05:56:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> So the way to continue success is to continue doing what made you successful.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry jadetree, but had to fix your quote a little... Answer: Wouldn't anyone be stupid not to?<P>

markie

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2003, 05:59:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B> Absolutely... and so do you... next question.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually I dont. I can see what a mess the British empire and then the end of the second world war made of the middle east.<P>

Venerable Bede

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2003, 06:00:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> But still infidels taking over the middle east? I would give that a wide body swerve if I were you. How stable is the region going to be with a catholic led QANGO in charge of Iraq?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>well. . .the u.s. is not gonna install a christian as leader of iraq, the government has already said as much.
OU812

markie

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2003, 06:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B> Sorry jadetree, but had to fix your quote a little... Answer: Wouldn't anyone be stupid not to?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>how thick are you?<P>How many companies that were around at the turn of the century are still big players now? <P>

jadetree

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2003, 06:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sid vicious:<BR><B>It'd be fookin' mega.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>must be Fico