Author Topic: APW Festival  (Read 16040 times)

Sage 703

Re: APW Festival
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 11:36:00 am »
I'm probably in for Friday and Saturday, barring some huge surprises from Lollapalooza or V Fest.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 11:51:00 am »
callat, i assume you're throwing lolla into the mix b/c of cost considerations, or because you can only handle one festival per month? (old man...  :) )

lolla is the preceding weekend, 1-3 Aug.
<sig>

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 11:58:00 am »
The lineups on the second two stages are much better than the headlining stages. Too bad they don't sell discounted tickets for people who don't give a shit about the bands whose presence drives up the cost of the tickets...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 12:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  The lineups on the second two stages are much better than the headlining stages. Too bad they don't sell discounted tickets for people who don't give a shit about the bands whose presence drives up the cost of the tickets...
oh dang nabbit I'm agreeing with Charlie on this one... also preferably presented at some time other than the middle of summer...
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 12:10:00 pm »
That would be great if you could buy a time-allotment for tickets, or just prove your too cool for school to like the headliner.  I've probably go to a lot more of these things...

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Too bad they don't sell discounted tickets for people who don't give a shit about the bands whose presence drives up the cost of the tickets...

Sage 703

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  callat, i assume you're throwing lolla into the mix b/c of cost considerations, or because you can only handle one festival per month? (old man...   :)  )

lolla is the preceding weekend, 1-3 Aug.
Yeah, mostly just having to pick and choose.  I can't really do two big weekends out of town in the same month.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »
re: jack johnson he once played iota... apparently it was a zoo because he on the verge of breaking to the masses at that point.
T.Rex

Driveway

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »
If Rogue Wave plays at V-Fest, I'll be thrilled!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »
damn! $258 for this. I live here and wouldnt have to worry about finding a place to stay but that still seems ridiculous! now im just hoping radiohead plays somewhere in the city and ill be happy.

i would so love to go to this because of the convenience but just trying to justify the cost on that ticket is impossible.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 06:46:00 pm »
xNWx - if you buy single-day passes for friday and saturday (skip sunday's jack-johnson-o-thon), that brings it down to $200 with all the fees.  dunno if that's any less scary for ya.

Originally posted by lomein:
  $258 for this?
 I hope they're planning on some heavy additions.
supposedly not.  they might add a band or two to each day, but the idea is to have all performers do full sets - which means they can't pack too much more into the lineup.
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  xNWx - if you buy single-day passes for friday and saturday (skip sunday's jack-johnson-o-thon), that brings it down to $200 with all the fees.  dunno if that's any less scary for ya.

Originally posted by lomein:
  $258 for this?
 I hope they're planning on some heavy additions.
supposedly not.  they might add a band or two to each day, but the idea is to have all performers do full sets - which means they can't pack too much more into the lineup. [/b]
$200 is just as scary. I mean at that rate I might as well get the 3 days for the extra $58. In other news, Id gladly pay $40-$50 to see Verve 2 nights! I think I'll be passing altogether on APW, but there is a ferry going from NYC directly there which does make it a bit more convenient and a little more tempting  :)
HeyLa

Christine Moritz

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 11:29:00 am »
Pardon my ignorance, but have the dates for V Fest been confirmed, and if so, what are they?

Christine Moritz

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 11:34:00 am »
(never mind - posted a duplicate by mistake)

Sage 703

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Christine Moritz:

Originally posted by Christine Moritz:
 Pardon my ignorance, but have the dates for V Fest been confirmed, and if so, what are they?
[/b]
Yes - they are the same weekend.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
 Yes - they are the same weekend.
Ahhh... so folks are trying to figure out if an artist who plays one night at APW might conceivably be at V Fest the next, etc.?