Author Topic: So what do you think of the new site?  (Read 31914 times)

MonkeyPants

Re: So what do you think of the new site?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 03:41:37 pm »
I just think it's a bit slow.  If I go to 930.com, it slows everything down until the page is loaded and it takes much longer to load than the old site.  I am not a techie, so I don't know why that is, but I just know it is way slow for me.  I also agree about the random backgrounds/borders - consistency is better.  Just pick one and stick with it...
PANTS

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 03:44:45 pm »
I actually just realized the front page was actually the club. Pretty clever.
‼‼?‼‼

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 04:03:14 pm »
Can we get sig files that are more than 5 characters long please? :)
3MTA3

suede

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 05:20:56 pm »
Did it zero out the member numbers as well?  I was proud of my low number as an old time member (emphasis on old), but it doesnt appear in the profile anymore.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 05:36:50 pm »
I just think it's a bit slow.  If I go to 930.com, it slows everything down until the page is loaded and it takes much longer to load than the old site.  I am not a techie, so I don't know why that is, but I just know it is way slow for me.  I also agree about the random backgrounds/borders - consistency is better.  Just pick one and stick with it...

I've gotta agree with this. the load time is HORRIBLE  Even after visiting the site, it should read the cached version quick, but it locks up until everything is loaded. That needs to get fixed asap :(
3MTA3

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 06:04:32 pm »
Front page is ok, but the borders along the left hand side of the forum pages, (whether the floor, the bricks or that blue one) are horrendous and just wasting space.

eltee

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 06:17:28 pm »
Front page is ok, but the borders along the left hand side of the forum pages, (whether the floor, the bricks or that blue one) are horrendous and just wasting space.
Yeah, kinda giving my old eyes a headache when trying to focus on the new but smaller type. Any chance we could have a full screen option? (I did just try and eliminate or select a different border but I didn't see that option.) I need to log off for now, so I'm sorry I don't have time to search if this has been asked - but I had some private messages that I held onto and it didn't transfer over. Is there a way to retrieve them?

vansmack

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 06:21:05 pm »
Yeah, kinda giving my old eyes a headache when trying to focus on the new but smaller type.

If you use a PC, hold the control key down, move the scroll wheel on your mouse up.

If you use a Mac, someone else is going to have to help you.
27>34

eltee

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 06:26:15 pm »
Yeah - my PMs are gone, too.  Also - Is there a buddy-list feature?  I don't see it.

oops - i didn't see the sticky before either.  never mind.
Sorry, okay, I see the info I was looking for...I couldn't get online last week b/c of work and when I tried this week, it was locked. Beside, dontcha know that we skip by the main and log into the forum?;)

I could use the icons and type a little larger and less of it. Is it me or is there a lot of text everywheret and it's all very small? lol) I'll see if I can't muck w/ my window size. I appreciate the upgrade, search tool, etc. but the reason I liked the other is the screen was black, text simple and easy to skim over while multi-tasking.;)
And what about a selection to not activate emoticons?;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 06:29:23 pm by El Tee »

chaz

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 06:27:17 pm »
Let me revise my statement by saying that the borders on the left and right sides are horrendous.  Plus, shouldn't the nav bar at the top of the forum pages be centered, rather than just randomly jammed all the way to the right?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 06:29:17 pm by chaz »

eltee

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 06:28:05 pm »
Yeah, kinda giving my old eyes a headache when trying to focus on the new but smaller type.

If you use a PC, hold the control key down, move the scroll wheel on your mouse up.
Lovely. Thank you, smackie. Yes, see, PMs on "how to do 'xyz'" from vansmack are what I previously held onto. ;)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 06:30:01 pm »
Let me revise my statement by saying that the borders on the left and right sides are horrendous.  Plus, shouldn't the nav bar at the top of the forum pages be centered, rather than just randomly jammed all the way to the right?
Jesus, is it really THAT bad? Buncha silly nannies.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 06:32:45 pm »

He asked what we thought and we're telling him what we think.  Duh.  Haven't you read the thread title?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 06:37:48 pm »
Let me revise my statement by saying that the borders on the left and right sides are horrendous.

i'm thinking of starting a facebook group to protest those borders.  they completely clash with the rest of the site.  plain black borders would be SOOOOOOO much easier on the eyes.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 06:45:45 pm »

He asked what we thought and we're telling him what we think.  Duh.  Haven't you read the thread title?
And Im just asking if it's that bad. I don't think they're horrendous.
‼‼?‼‼