Author Topic: suicidal tendencies at Sonar 12/6  (Read 2065 times)

threequartersleeve

suicidal tendencies at Sonar 12/6
« on: October 08, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »
THIS is amazing!

Saturday December 6th
 SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
 CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!
 ONLY AREA APPEARANCE!
 with guests
 MADBALL
 WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
 PULLING TEETH
 SONAR
 407 E. Saratoga St
 8pm doors/ 9pm show- ALL AGES

Tickets at:
 sonarbaltimore.com
 missiontix.com
 sonar box office
 reptilian records
 celebrated summer records

Relaxer

Re: suicidal tendencies at Sonar 12/6
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »
Great candidate for one of those shows where the band plays a classic album from start to finish. That debut absolutely ruled my turntable for a year or two. Institutionalized, in its lyrics and instrumentation, is a perfect depiction of schizophrenia. It's easy to piss on it as a simple "ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI" lunkhead song, but I think it's brilliant.
oword

threequartersleeve

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »
One can only assume that it being an anniversary tour, it would be HEAVY on the tunes that made them legendary....
 I for one cannot WAIT to hear that early stuff!

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »
And Bardo Pond will be playing next door at the talking head.

Ugh...both bands' shows will bleed through to the other room making for crappy sound for everyone involved.

I hate this setup.
احمد

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  Great candidate for one of those shows where the band plays a classic album from start to finish. That debut absolutely ruled my turntable for a year or two. Institutionalized, in its lyrics and instrumentation, is a perfect depiction of schizophrenia. It's easy to piss on it as a simple "ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI" lunkhead song, but I think it's brilliant.
Werd.
27>34

andyrichter

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »
Yea, I never thought I'd see the day when suicidal tendencies finally decided to tour again.  There's no way I'm missing this show.  And I really hope the S/T album gets a lot of play.

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 11:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  And Bardo Pond will be playing next door at the talking head.

Ugh...both bands' shows will bleed through to the other room making for crappy sound for everyone involved.

I hate this setup.
i cant believe Bardo Pond will override the sound of Suicidal Tendencies.

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 12:43:00 am »
Bardo Pond can get pretty loud. But the awful PA in that room leaves a lot to be desired.

I may get a ticket to each and go back and forth.
احمد

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
"Send Me Your Money"

threequartersleeve

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 04:55:47 pm »
Yeah Bardo Pond can get loud, and they'll NEED to for this, but I dont think its gonna do much to the Suicidal sound....Its gonna be loud, and people (me included) will be busy going COMPLETELY NUTS.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 09:58:21 am »
  I didnt exactly hear Bardo Pond on Saturday!!!

Show was ok, my dumb friend broke his ankle in a mosh-pit so we had to leave after about 6 songs of ST.  Madball was really good though. Saw a lot of old skaters i used to hang with in Fells Point back when you could skateboard there.

andyrichter

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 08:28:30 pm »
  I didnt exactly hear Bardo Pond on Saturday!!!

Show was ok, my dumb friend broke his ankle in a mosh-pit so we had to leave after about 6 songs of ST.  Madball was really good though. Saw a lot of old skaters i used to hang with in Fells Point back when you could skateboard there.

I saw some guy run out of the pit bending over and clutching his foot about 1/2 way through the set.  Guess that might've been your friend.  Too bad you had to miss the rest of the set.  I had a great time.  The band really was giving it their best and shredded through the songs without bringing in too much of the funk element.  Highlights were Possessed to Skate, You Can't Bring Me Down, War Inside My Head, all the songs they played off the first LP, and Trip at the Brain.  Song of the night for me was the set closer How Will I laugh tomorrow.  They really nailed that song.   Mike Muir is an entertaining guy on stage but man does he love to talk.  That time could've easily been spent on another 5 songs.  Glad I finally got to see them since I'm guessing this was probably the last time they ever make it out east again.