Author Topic: mp3 mixing software  (Read 1783 times)

Tom Servo

mp3 mixing software
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:10:34 am »
Does anyone have a recommendation for mp3 mixing software (preferably free)?  Looks like there are a lot out there.  Not looking for anything fancy...just want to blend some songs together in a playlist.  I promise not to do any mash-ups unless they're really clever.  Thanks...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: mp3 mixing software
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:34:56 am »
Audacity is what I use and it's free. You will also have to download a separate download to enable the MP3 function. That too is free and on their site. Besides the regular MP3 funtions, it has all kinds of cool features and effects. I use it all the time for my radio work. Also, it's clean so you won't get any nasty viruses, spies or other crap with it that a lot of them have.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:39:17 am by Jaguar »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:13:54 am »
i use Virtual DJ.  the interface, mixing tools, beat-matching, EQ'ing, etc are the best i've come across.  if you're used to mixing with turntables or CDJs, you will require about 12 seconds to learn this software.  it's expensive to buy, but the fully functional demo is good for 30 days - plenty of time to make your holiday mix.
<sig>

edbert

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 12:14:26 pm »
I also use Audacity which is freeware, but never to blend songs together into a set.  Audacity is more of a general wav editor.   It could probably do it though: you'd 'import audio' to add a stereo track for each song and then tinker with the alignments.  There are definitely other audio tools for DJ-type work that would be more apt for that purpose

I've created my own tracks in Audacity, and I've also used it to dub old cassettes and stuff. But lately I've been buying mp3s off Amazon and I find that I almost always need to load the mp3s into Audacity to raise the level or delete extra dead air at the end

Tom Servo

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:33:31 pm »
Cool, I'll give those a try.  Thanks for the recommendations...