Author Topic: Flight of the Conchords Poster  (Read 3616 times)

El Jefe Design

Flight of the Conchords Poster
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:09:51 am »

We were asked to do a poster for Flight of the Conchords when they played at DAR Constitution Hall. The poster depicts Albi the Racist (but not any more) Dragon as he discovers his multi-colored jelly bean tear. Four colors screen printed on heavy white paper and was available at the show. For anyone who did not get one due to fear the rain would ruin it, you can see details and get one for yourself at http://www.eljefedesign.com. THey were great hosts and the show was wonderful even though Bret was under the weather.

killsaly

Re: Flight of the Conchords Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:11:22 pm »
Wish i could have got tickets... Love the poster also

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:16:21 pm »
Hahahahahaha that's awesome, I wish I could have made it to the show
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 12:43:11 am »
just got back from the radio city music hall show, we had an amazing time.  also had some ridiculous seats - pix 'cause it happened.  the missus got pulled from her chair by jermain during "sugalumps" (he encouraged/badgered her to step forward and touch his sugalumps, and as soon as she reluctantly accepted he immediately rejected her "advances").  bret broke his toy piano on the first song - did he do that in DC?  hard to tell if it was a gag or if they were serious.  he effed up several times during the night, but obviously they spun it in funny ways.  the crowd was really vocal, at times annoyingly so.
<sig>

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:58:25 am »
just got back from the radio city music hall show, we had an amazing time.  also had some ridiculous seats - pix 'cause it happened.   bret broke his toy piano on the first song - did he do that in DC?  the crowd was really vocal, at times annoyingly so.

The DC show was amazing although the toy piano stayed intact.

The crowd was annoying here too but I think the shhhh'ing by the one with the glasses was equally annoying.  I'm assuming most of the outspoken audience members (including the freebird yeller) are on this forum so I am suprised that there weren't more reviews on this board. 
xoxo