Author Topic: Jay-Z is charging HOW MUCH??!??! Oh, then there's Ticketmaster...  (Read 22262 times)

MonkeyPants

Re: Jay-Z is charging HOW MUCH??!??! Oh, then there's Ticketmaster...
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 03:16:08 pm »
I mean u2 charges almost $200 apiece for seated stadium ticket at 50,000 capacity arenas. 

that is incorrect, on the whole.

Really?  Because I distinctly recall paying upwards of $160 a ticket for seats to see them in Hawaii at a giant stadium (direct from ticketmaster, not a scalper).  Maybe I'm too busy dreaming up conspiracies...
PANTS

dave24

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 03:21:29 pm »
Well, the arena tours they've been doing have not been in 50,000 seat stadiums. Each of these arenas holds 20,00 - give or take a couple.

Also, only a segment of the reserved seats cost $150 or so.  You can get into the show for about $60, including the general admission floor seats.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 03:27:50 pm »
Aloha Stadium's capacity is 50,000

and still, this is way beside the point - $500 really isn't that terrible for such a small venue.  Just because you can't afford it or can't justify spending the money doesn't mean that it's insanely out of line with what big artists can charge.  It's not like it's Katy Perry or some BS like that.  It's Jay-Z, and you know it will be more than just Jay-Z, and the capacity is 1,800!  Verizon is what? just over 20,000?  And people still pay about $200 for floor seats for big shows there.
PANTS

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 03:29:10 pm »
Even Morrissey is only charging $75 on his new tour and I thought that was expensive.

I guess 40/40 club didn't pan out so well for Jay-Z.
HeyLa

MonkeyPants

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 03:30:44 pm »
Even Morrissey is only charging $75 on his new tour and I thought that was expensive.

Please.  I'd pay at least $100 just to see Jay-Z kick Morrissey's ass.
PANTS

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 03:31:03 pm »
As expensive as this is, you have to consider that Jay-Z is pretty much top of the line when it comes to rap stars.  And he really doesn't do too many concerts.  And it is a comparatively small venue.

That being said, I think if this wasn't an "inauguration" concert, tickets would be significantly less expensive.

walkonby

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 03:34:37 pm »
As expensive as this is, you have to consider that Jay-Z is pretty much top of the line when it comes to rap stars.  And he really doesn't do too many concerts.  And it is a comparatively small venue.

That being said, I think if this wasn't an "inauguration" concert, tickets would be significantly less expensive.

or the fact the genre is dead, replaced by grunge.two, and he better grab all the cheddar while possible.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 03:39:07 pm »

Please.  I'd pay at least $100 just to see Jay-Z kick Morrissey's ass.

Seconded. Or at least a duet.

I'm going to this expensive ass show. Meh, call it what you want.
Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 03:43:32 pm »
does jigga actually play a good show?  i never thought rappers could do it.  when i saw the infamous phish brooklyn show, that jay came out on, i thought he stopped the show cold and majorly sucked much asshole.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 03:47:17 pm »
Saw him in April at the Verizon Center and yes, he tore it the fuck up. It was pretty great to be in that space for those four hours.
Woof.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 03:49:43 pm »
there are $100 tickets ...just saw it on the ticketmaster page...
(_|_)

dave24

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 03:56:17 pm »
So, they added $100 seats?  That's a bit more like it... Of course, if it's anything like the Eagles cheapies at Verizon (last few rows of the worst upper levels) it's still a bit shy of generous.  I'm gonna have to post at least a minor retraction on the blog I suppose...

http://soundoffwithdave.com/category/music/

dave24

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 03:59:35 pm »
Aloha Stadium's capacity is 50,000

and still, this is way beside the point - $500 really isn't that terrible for such a small venue.  Just because you can't afford it or can't justify spending the money doesn't mean that it's insanely out of line with what big artists can charge.  It's not like it's Katy Perry or some BS like that.  It's Jay-Z, and you know it will be more than just Jay-Z, and the capacity is 1,800!  Verizon is what? just over 20,000?  And people still pay about $200 for floor seats for big shows there.

OK, so Aloha Stadium holds 50,000 -- but at the risk of nit-picking, your post talked about their tour in general, and for the last few tours, they've played 20,000 seat arenas, and not stadiums.

I'm probably never going to feel that even a small venue like the Warner constitutes such a price range -- even The Rolling Stones didn't charge anything of this sort when they played Tower Theatre on their last tour, or Bruce.  And Jay-Z is NOT the Stones or Bruce.  Although, it seems he has their egos times two
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:12:33 pm by dave24 »

heather

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 04:03:24 pm »
unless you're made to stand in the lobby, $100 for jay z at the warner is pretty damn decent.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 04:14:21 pm »
upper balcony is $100. i just pulled some on the side. $14 service charge...

my suggestion is to buy the $100 ticket, then move to the $500 seats if those don't sell out :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:20:19 pm by wanderlust joe m. »
(_|_)