Author Topic: Inaugural Traffic  (Read 12225 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Inaugural Traffic
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 03:32:43 pm »
i was going to say why not also sing god save the queen, but i didnt feel like a circular argument over a flip comment
o/\o

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 08:22:42 pm »
there's a good article in today's Washington Post by a columnist recounting his participation in President Eisenhower's inauguration in 1953.    It's striking how much more open and less fearful this society was in those days -- there is no question that the terrorists have won.   On the other hand, the DC police marching band is no longer likely to parade by the reviewing stand playing "Dixie," so we are still a better society in many ways.
ahh yes. . .getting rid of dixie. . .once more, showing your progressive intolerance. . .

what's wrong with dixie?  i mean, it was one of abraham lincoln's favorite songs, and was written by a guy from Ohio.

i bet you'd support cleaning up "huck finn" because of all those racist slurs. . .how dare mark twain write in the vernacular of the time; shouldn't he have known that 50 years later those terms would be considered racist.  i mean, come on.......

also, i bet eisenhower neved had to deal with spoiled rich kids throwing eggs at him because he wasn't riddled by white guilt.

Venerable Bede wins "Uptight Twat of the Week" award for this post...
_\|/_

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 09:20:01 am »
From what I've seen/read the answer is no. They're not equipped to run 24 hours with all the track maintenance they do. Now, from what I've heard, they might extend it to weekend hours.

Monday and Tuesday, they'll be running metro until 2am.
3MTA3

walkonby

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 04:05:48 pm »
if anybody is interested, here is a link to the washington post's "surviving the inaguration."  enjoi.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/inauguration-central/