Author Topic: Springsteen at National Mall?  (Read 7297 times)

Vas Deferens

Springsteen at National Mall?
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:30:57 pm »
Is this happening? :)
(_|_)

Sage 703

Re: Springsteen at National Mall?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:32:49 pm »
I've heard that it is; but I don't know any other details.  Would appreciate anything anybody knows...

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:33:14 pm »
Would you put up with all the BS you'd undoubtedly have to put up with in order to see it if it is happening?
احمد

edbert

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:40:46 pm »
probably at the lincoln memorial sunday afternoon or tuesday night at the "neighborhood ball" at the convention center, but they haven't announced the lineup for either event or given info on how to attend yet.  maybe he'll do his woodie guthrie schtick on the mall and then rock out at the ball... just a guess.. also guessing jay-z and others will play at the ball, esp since it'll be televised prime time.  keep an eye on http://www.pic2009.org/blog/ for the announcement

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:47:01 pm »
If it happens and I'm there on Sunday, feel free to say hi.  not just Joe, but anymody. I'll be the middle aged guy.

hutch

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 02:04:20 pm »
Would you put up with all the BS you'd undoubtedly have to put up with in order to see it if it is happening?

yeah unlike say heading to new york city. now thats much simpler than walking 15 blocks.

don't be such a downer man.. we know you're fleeing but leave us to enjoy our inauguration..thank you very much.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 02:22:27 pm »
If it happens and I'm there on Sunday, feel free to say hi.  not just Joe, but anymody. I'll be the middle aged guy.

i gave kind of a half-smile/smirk... is there an internet LOL acronym for that?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:31:34 pm by HoyaSaxa03 »
(o|o)

BookerT

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 03:53:03 pm »
Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 04:14:33 pm »
What? No Wilco?

Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 04:28:18 pm »

wow.
<sig>

manimtired

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 04:49:50 pm »
all of those artists suck for the most part.

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 04:54:14 pm »
Pretty much. I won't give anyone shit about seeing the Boss, but damn straight I would on any of these others.

Jesus, between this and B-Boys and Sheryl Crow, D.C. is going to be a real musical snoozathon.

oword

diediemydarling

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 05:17:30 pm »
where is all this info from?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 05:44:40 pm »

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:54:37 pm »

Wow, if the insane madhouse that DC will be wasn't enough to keep from venturing any further south than Towson, than this clusterfuck of a borefest will have me locked up at home cleaning my toilets along with other more exciting chores.   :-\